No Trees = No Labour! Dawn Raids Swung me!

Changing your mind doesn't make you reprehensible. It's everything else they've done or plan to do, the fact that they planned something so unpopular that they had to change their mind in the first place!

Changing your mind (on multiple different issues) shows that "strong and stable" is just another soundbite lie though.

If the tories get in (which they will) and bring in those policies (which they might) labour will reverse none of them as and when (if?) they get in again.

(...which they [Labour] might never do- loss of Scottish/Welsh MPS, you see).

Michael Gove the current Environment Secretary has slammed Julie Dore for wreckless way Sheffield Council has handled the tree-felling saga.

Dave Dillner, founder of the Sheffield Trees Action Groups, said: “I never thought I would have wanted to hug Michael Gove, I’m knocked sideways. I can only hope this is a game-changer. It will certainly add to the pressure on the council and the pressure really is mounting.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/our-region/south-yorkshire/sheffield/exclusive-michael-gove-demands-end-to-sheffield-tree-felling-1-8694453

Michael Gove the current Environment Secretary has slammed Julie Dore for wreckless way Sheffield Council has handled the tree-felling saga.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/our-region/south-yorkshire/sheffield/exclusive-michael-gove-demands-end-to-sheffield-tree-felling-1-8694453

Well, I'd like to think Sheffield City Council would be a bit humbled by it, but no, they still insist they're in the right. What will it take to make them see they are the problem, not the solution...?

What will it take to make them see they are the problem, not the solution...?

Conservative leadership? :hihi:

Well, I'd like to think Sheffield City Council would be a bit humbled by it, but no, they still insist they're in the right. What will it take to make them see they are the problem, not the solution...?

Don't hold your breath

Did you see SCC quoted in the news though they are claiming that "the majority of Sheffield people support the removal of the trees".

Is it all politicians that simply live in lala land and see and hear what they want to?

just remind me. Is that the same Gove who wanted climate change taken off the Geography curriculum? The one who wants to dismantle the NHS and bring back hanging? Maybe thats what he wants the trees for

The one who wants to dismantle the NHS and bring back hanging? Maybe thats what he wants the trees for

Well there's [plenty] of [candidates] eligible for the latter.

Tree-felling is neoliberalism in action - it is public money into private pockets. This is central to the ethos of Sheffield City Council.

Sheffield City Council do not operate on behalf of the people of Sheffield, they are only interested in furthering the interests of their contractors.

Gove was in Sheffield yesterday.

Sheffield's Labour Council have so far spent £250,000 on PR/legal fees to defend their tree-chopping programme.

This is what Gove had to say:

“Sheffield is losing, we are losing, an amazingly valuable natural resource and the justification for it seems as flimsy as an autumn leaf. The idea that because tree roots might potentially cause a kerbstone here to be slightly out of alignment or might theoretically pose a risk to someone’s mobility and therefore that justifies felling trees that have been here for generations is bonkers.

“What the council should be doing, I think, is trying to work with the contractor, Amey, to find different solutions rather than cutting down trees.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-41417810

Yes, 'Feller Fox' seems to have a thing against trees - if he's not digging them out of the ground in their carbon form (mining), he's digging them out in their blooming form.