EBay help please

I have heard of one fiddle where an empty parcel that has been very carefully unsealed and sealed back up has been left with a neighbor but the claim form only asked if a package had been delivered. The form not allowing itself to be filled in anywhere for an empty package.

I didn't hear if that case was resolved or not.

If it is tracked, then surely it needs a signature.

'Tracked' and 'Signed For' are different. Tracked are merely scanned before being posted through letterbox/handing to whoever answers the door, 'Signed For' are tracked and as the designation suggests, have to have a signature.

Was this the royal mail or one of those dodgy courier services ebay are trying to enforce on sellers? these are the ones who sign for the packages and leave them on peoples back doors only to be stolen because if they take them back to the depot they don't get paid.

Find out from the seller which company they used be it Royal Mail, My Herpes, Parcels2go etc, if no response open a case against the seller and ask for proof of exactly where the parcel was delivered to and who signed for it if you didn't.

Personally I hate these courier companies, basically you get what you pay for which is usually a rubbish service speaking from experience

I'm somewhat concerned that there's a parcel service called "Herpes" :shocked:

To the op next time see if seller offers as an option to have item delivered to Argos/sainsburys places like that ,I've had loads of stuff off eBay delivered to those places then I pick them up from there when I'm ready .

Was this the royal mail or one of those dodgy courier services ebay are trying to enforce on sellers? these are the ones who sign for the packages and leave them on peoples back doors only to be stolen because if they take them back to the depot they don't get paid.

Find out from the seller which company they used be it Royal Mail, My Herpes, Parcels2go etc, if no response open a case against the seller and ask for proof of exactly where the parcel was delivered to and who signed for it if you didn't.

Personally I hate these courier companies, basically you get what you pay for which is usually a rubbish service speaking from experience

I disagree with your post and can sympathise with the OP. We have had a lot of problems with things never turning up or turning up two or three months later. If items say UK mail on them they get collected by UK Mail but delivered by Royal Mail / Post Office (whatever they are called now). It has go so bad that we use couriers such as My Hermes now. We only get a problem when our local My Hermes person goes on holiday.

Sellers tell us a lot of items are getting lost Royal Mail, its a nightmare. One of our signed for parcels was left by the gate, postie signed for it and never put a card through the door. We were both in at the time but he couldn't be bothered to walk down the long driveway.