1910 "Pitsmoor Boys" ?

I'm from Warsop, just south of Worksop. On the edge of our town is an area known as The Hills and Holes and is now a much loved SSSI site. The area is made up of outcrops of Magnesium Limestone and was quarried upto at least the 1890's to supply stone for many of our local cottages.

I have come across a postcard dated 1910 showing a group of 8 well dressed young men posing for a photo in the Quarry.

The postcard says " Dear Grandma, I shall bring Sidney home on Saturday, all being well. I have much pleasure in sending my photo with my friends. Yours Ernest Robinson."

The card is addressed to; Mr ? Kitchen Esq, 18 Lyons Street (off Petre St), Pitsmoor, Sheffield.

The postcard is stamed April 10th 1910 Warsop

Two names appear to have been added in different handwriting later, Ernest Robinson and George Carr.

Sorry i don't how to put a photo on here, but i wonder if anyone could have any information about this.

I'm from Warsop, just south of Worksop. On the edge of our town is an area known as The Hills and Holes and is now a much loved SSSI site. The area is made up of outcrops of Magnesium Limestone and was quarried upto at least the 1890's to supply stone for many of our local cottages.

I have come across a postcard dated 1910 showing a group of 8 well dressed young men posing for a photo in the Quarry.

The postcard says " Dear Grandma, I shall bring Sidney home on Saturday, all being well. I have much pleasure in sending my photo with my friends. Yours Ernest Robinson."

The card is addressed to; Mr ? Kitchen Esq, 18 Lyons Street (off Petre St), Pitsmoor, Sheffield.

The postcard is stamed April 10th 1910 Warsop

Two names appear to have been added in different handwriting later, Ernest Robinson and George Carr.

Sorry i don't how to put a photo on here, but i wonder if anyone could have any information about this.

What ages do they appear to be.

7 of them mid to late teens, and one, maybe, in his mid 20's.

Try Facebook, Pitsmoorians of the Past. Someone might recognise their g/grandad

Try Facebook, Pitsmoorians of the Past. Someone might recognise their g/grandad

Good point, a lady on PoTP has a relative that lives in one of the four houses that are still there, 16 to 22 Lyons Street. They are adjacent to what was All Saint's junior school.

Edited by stpetre
Add