Sheffield Forum

What would make Sheffield Forum nicer?

Home > General > Forum News & Feedback

Reply To Topic

30-04-2017, 13:55   #41
cressida
Princess Cool

Total Posts: 21,978
Well they do say no-one is perfect, but just after lunch really!
_______
'The more you ignore me the closer I get' Morrissey

Alphabetti Spaghetti
30-04-2017, 17:36   #42
AmberLeaf

Total Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey finn View Post
I have just been on and posted this selfie, I don't really know why because I don't need to show off my appearance either.
Ewe. Scary!
30-04-2017, 18:56   #43
mickey finn

Total Posts: 1,535
03-05-2017, 06:34   #44
AmberLeaf

Total Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey finn View Post
You could ask him for a hug and sloppy kiss. On second thoughts, probably not such a good idea, as he might lamp you one.

What would make Sheffield Forum nicer?
More nicer people, less haters.
08-05-2017, 17:33   #45
glennpickard

Total Posts: 385
Crookespire make a good point. These are not a life or death issues we are dealing with. I see the Forum as a place to provide opinions on various issues. The ones I really like are ideas, suggestions etc on how to move the city of Sheffield forward and improve life generally for its citizens.

Differing opinions on people, history or past events always make for lively debate.

Can we make it nicer ? Yes we can, with the usual English custom of good manners, being reasonable and open minded. Keep in mind, someone will always be swimming upstream, or have an axe to grind.

Don't put people down if they are not as up to date with issues as others may be, or simply if they disagree with the majority. Give 'em the facts as you see them !

The cynics always appear regardless of the venue, but they are in the minority, and the majority just have to try to ignore any caustic comments
10-05-2017, 20:15   #46
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 3,041
I wish mods wouldn't close threads or be really strict on discussions going off-topic. Its normal for discussions to expand.
_______
Will those feet in modern times walk on soles that are made in China.....
10-05-2017, 21:30   #47
glennpickard

Alan:

no objection to expanding the subject, but if it is a change of subject might be best to open up a new thread ? I know it can be confusing sometimes.
11-05-2017, 07:20   #48
RollingJ

Total Posts: 490
Half-joking, but give 90% of the posters on here a dose of anti-depressants - I have stopped coming here more than once a week and skimming the thread titles, to preserve my sanity.
15-05-2017, 18:03   #49
little miffy

Total Posts: 98
I've very rarely put anything on here tho I do read things most days. I've been put off contributing to a few discussions as some people insist on you backing up any opinion or story with links and evidence. I don't have links or evidence! I wouldn't know how to attach them if I did.
15-05-2017, 18:32   #50
glennpickard

little miffy:

don't be shy, say what you want to say. There are no experts on the Sheffield Forum, we are all the same as you, people with an opinion or an idea. Its important you do contribute so people understand the value of this Forum.

If you want to quote make sure you have the correct quote. If you are quoting a website or news organization with information, you can outline the applicable name you have got the figures from.
People can "Insist" on whatever they want to, but you are in the driving seat with your post. Your opinion is what counts.
15-05-2017, 19:29   #51
little miffy

Total Posts: 98
Thanks for your reply, I shall try and be more active on here! I'm clueless on most computer things, making attachments and such is a mystery to me. P.s I'm 'only' 44 not 96 even tho I may sound it! It's just never really been my kind of thing
15-05-2017, 21:59   #52
glennpickard

a life around computers does take some getting used to. But I do believe nothing comes into the Forum with an attachment, so it is usually straightforward emails !
Don't worry fire away !
18-05-2017, 22:40   #53
Waldo

Total Posts: 5,025
Something that would be actually really useful would be a way to search threads and only show posts that have responded to posts you made on that thread (i.e. posts that quote you). Would stop you from having to scan through entire threads just to spot where people have responded to you.
Reply To Topic