Hare and Hounds Stannington

I didn't think the Hare and Hounds would ever reopen the last time I saw it around 2014 the building was a right mess. Seeing though the boarding the inside was well and truly trashed at a guess housing will be on the cards.

14 houses would seem a bit of a squeeze on the site of the pub but too few for the old cricket pitch which I think was an old ash tip, assumed it would be far too unstable for building on.

14 houses would seem a bit of a squeeze on the site of the pub but too few for the old cricket pitch which I think was an old ash tip, assumed it would be far too unstable for building on.

The initial planning application was for the pub and cricket ground and was for 14 houses plus 2 commercial units plus the reinstatement of the cricket ground.

You can see from the link I've given that the 14 houses were not restricted to the footfall of the pub.

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 17:52 ----------

The pub has been demolished now.