Using mobile phone WIFI with router?

Thanks Cyclone.

The web-server on my Mac, I will only ever need to access that from my local network.

I'm currently paying about £30 pm for landline and internet (with VM). I also have a £6 pm mobile SIM (with Plusnet). For an extra £4 pm, I can get 5GB of 4G data. So would be saving £26 pm. Also, don't really need a landline.

Of course, there's a consideration of how much data I need per month.

4G data seemed pretty fast though, when I tried it via mobile hotspot. Are you saying using a wireless bridge would be some kind of bottle neck and I wouldn't get the same speed as I do when accessing internet via mobile hotspot (created by phone using 4G internet connection)?

Thanks.

4g is pretty fast if you have a good signal.

But (for example) when my broadband went down, I burnt through 3Gig in 2 days tethering my work laptop. And I wasn't doing anything particularly bandwidth heavy...

I'd carefully check your usage before going mobile only.

I get pretty much what VM advertise, close to 200mb here in S6. I thought there was a fault for a while, before I checked all my router settings and realised that I'd limited all clients to no more than 80 mb/s each and it was capping the speed test!

Om VM I get ~200mb... Tests at 2am show 220mb down 12mb upload..

Doesnt drop below around 190 during the day