Sign in to follow this  

Virgin broadband media hub 3.0 do you have to upgrade to it

Hi I had a letter from virgin in March ago which I am pretty sure stated that I had to upgrade and use their new 3.0 media hub otherwise my broadband would cease to function by the 1st of May. I have the hub but am having tons of problems connecting it (Despite the instructions being super simple it doesn't cover what is happening with my computer when I try and connect).

I am quite happy with the broadband box I already have so would rather leave it as it is.

I am wondering if anyone else who is a virgin customer has had a similar letter as I can't find where I put mine. I looked online and can't find any information (on their site or elsewhere) to state that this is the case. I'd be very grateful if anyone else can help me shed some light on this.

many thanks

Haven't had a letter saying I need to use the new one, it took me forever to convince them to send me out a Hub 3.0 cause my old one was faulty (kept cutting out, and randomly dropping etc)

They don't let the Hubs go easily.....

Having said that, I can see it to be honest.... and having a read on their forums it seems legit and real..

-- What's the issues you are having?

I just unplugged my old one, plugged in new one (left turned off at wall) phoned the number, followed the instructions, turned the power on when instructed, and waited an hour... it came on and works fine..

I have some issues with the Hub 3, but not the actual connection it's self!