Sky remote not working after battery change.

after changing battery's on my sky remote, the volume functions won't work.

i know theres a code you press to reset so the remote works properly after change of battery.

does anyone know this?

or any other ideas please?

thank you for any input.

i know theres a code you press to reset so the remote works properly after change of battery.

does anyone know this?

thank you for any input.

We have to Sky boxes, one remote works, the other one doesn't. I think it's something to do with the Sky remote not being fully compatible with the tv (that's what sky said anyway) but you can change it on settings so that the volume works, but when we did this the menu button wouldn't work anymore. I don't think the sound button works for most people to be honest.

You have to program the remote to work with your tv. Google 'sky remote codes'

The Help pages on Sky itself will list (most) codes and tell you how to set them in.

does anyone know this?

thank you for any input.

Getting tv codes for sky remote controls

(1) click on "interactive button" on sky remote

(2) "sky active" press select

(3) scroll to "help centre" press select

(4) scroll to "set up my sky remote" press select

(5) it should now be on "sky remote assistance"

I don't think the sound button works for most people to be honest.

This is not true.

It's a five minute job that the sky engineer will do when he brings the box, or you can do yourself by looking at the sky help pages.

If you can't find your specific model google it - you will probably find that someone has found out which codes you need.

I just tried it and the sky box does'nt flash so i can't complete the task.It is very irritating.The two did it work/help buttons did'nt work either.

I just tried it and the sky box does'nt flash so i can't complete the task.It is very irritating.The two did it work/help buttons did'nt work either.

It doesn't flash - the little red light on the REMOTE is where it flashes.

you need to do as alankearn says, and look for the model of your tv and it will give you the 4 digit code then you have to press the TV button on the sky remote then, Press The RED button and the SELECT button untill the red light flashes twice then enter the code, and then your done then just press the SKY button to change channel on sky box.

This is not true.

It's a five minute job that the sky engineer will do when he brings the box, or you can do yourself by looking at the sky help pages.

If you can't find your specific model google it - you will probably find that someone has found out which codes you need.

Yes, but once you've sorted out the volume thing, the menu button stops working. And it is true that out of everyone I know, only one persons volume button works.... Sky is ****.

The batteries have run out on my remote also and underneath the battery cover it explains what you need to do but even when i put new batteries in the remote will not even try to connect to the box.

Usually, everytime i press a button on the remote, a red light flashes on the box, but whn i put the new batteries in the light does not flash anymore meaning i cannot complete the required steps to connect the remote.

Why do companies this large make things so complicated, when it could be so simple. Batteries run out it dont work and when you put new batteries in it should work...SIMPLES.

YesYorkshire, best thing to do is, ring sky and they should send you a replacement remote FREE if your box is still under, *Contract/Warentee* if not then best bet is try maplins or argos for a new 1 wich would cost between £20 - £30.