Is Pleasure Island, Cleethorpes any good?

We are thinking of taking the kids, aged 8 & 4 to Pleasure Island, Cleethorpes on Friday.

Are there many rides for children?

Is it any good?

Will it fill a day or just a couple of hours?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah there's plenty of kiddy friendly rides, it's quite a big park as well, doesn't look it when you go past but it's really big.

Not too expensive either £6 for adults last time I went, so I imagine it's only about £3 for kids depending on their age, they might have a thing where under 5s get in for nowt.

And yes it does fill a whole day to go on absolutely everything, it certainly filled the 6 hours I was there.

I love cleethorpes hope weather is nice for ya.My mate went saturday and says it was freezing.

xcharlie x

It was recommended in this thread.

I have a soft spot for Cleethorpes. Have a lovely day if you decide to go :) .

I too have a place in my heart for Cleethorpes, having lived there for just over a year back in around 1994 when I was at College over in Grimsby.

And there must be something to Grimsby cos Sir Elton John did a song about it years ago.

Good thing about Grimsby was that even for someone of my poor fitness, the Town Centre was in manageable walking distance from the main residential hall of College, I could walk from College to Town in less than half an hour usually, just straight up Hainton Avenue, on Freeman Street, round the corner onto the next road, and you're in Town.

I too have a place in my heart for Cleethorpes, having lived there for just over a year back in around 1994 when I was at College over in Grimsby.

And there must be something to Grimsby cos Sir Elton John did a song about it years ago.

Good thing about Grimsby was that even for someone of my poor fitness, the Town Centre was in manageable walking distance from the main residential hall of College, I could walk from College to Town in less than half an hour usually, just straight up Hainton Avenue, on Freeman Street, round the corner onto the next road, and you're in Town.

:hihi: But I don't want to go to Grimsby! :hihi:

Just come back from Cleethorpes for doing a booking session for our cub camp this summer.

Pleasure Island is not at all cheap! The best they could do was £9.50 per person and by way of large group booking discount (20 kids, 10 adults) they offered to let 1 person in free. One!

Not many ride for older children, mainly aimed at little ones.

I,ve just got back from Cleethorpes, weather was a bit overcast but warm, took the dog only to find out there banned from the beach...

Wasn't the big roolercoaster at American theme park transfered to Pleasure island.

We used to take our kids there often when they were small. Just had a look and the prices have gone up quite alot since then - £14.50 per adult but I would still say this is value for money. If the weather is fine its nice to take a picnic too :thumbsup:

We went to Pleasure Island yesterday. As already stated £14.50 each (kids under 4 go free) or any four people for £52.

Was a good variety of rides for people of all ages. Just don't buy any food there. Not only is it overpriced but the service was awful. We waited nearly 20 minutes in a queue for fish and chips (after ordering and paying) before giving up and demanding our money back. I don't know if it's bad training or poor management but there just seemed to be people stood around doing nothing in food preparation areas despite big queues.

I'd like to resurrect this old thread to let everyone know about an opportunity to buy a 2015 pass for Pleasure Island for £38 instead of the full rate.

I’m on the mailing list for the Pleasure Island theme park at Cleethorpes because I’ve had a season pass for the last few years. The 2014 pass was £65.

I’ve recently received a crowdfunding request from them which offers a year’s pass for £38 – a bargain! – provided that they can sell at least 4600 passes to fund a new attraction for 2015. I’m certainly going to apply, and I thought some other Sheffielders might be interested too.

The offer is mentioned on their website at: http://pleasure-island.co.uk/ but all it says is that the offer is for a “limited time only” whereas the e-mail message is more specific. According to that, passes will be available from 20th September to 3rd October only. It also says that a full refund will be available at the end of the promotion if they don’t reach their target (this part is not mentioned on the website at all).

The phone number for pass sales is also on the website, but here it is for anyone who wants it: 0844 504 0104.

I’ve recommended Pleasure Island before as it is a decent place with rides to suit all ages, and minimal queues.

Spread the word!