Grooming of UK jihadis, do violent computer games play a part?

The media go on about radicalised jihadis . Has anyone mentioned that radicalisation or , to put it another way , de sensitisation to violence , might be due to violent computer games where the next level becomes actual physical violence with a corresponding sense of achievement? Who buys and plays violent computer games ? Surely it's angry testosterone

filled young men with no outlet for their feelings?

Just considering another dimension which the Msm never touch.......

I play violent shooting and fighting games. Doesn't make me want to do violent things. Just the same as watching a violent film doesn't or reading a graphic crime novel etc.

No. The vast majority of us can distinguish between a toy and reality. If you can't distinguish between both then removing the toy wont cure you, your brain is already fried I'm afraid.

Edited by skinz

Yes, but you are allowed a beer or two , unlike others...

I suppose it happens but you would have to have a low intelligence level in the first place.

Guest sibon
Yes, but you are allowed a beer or two , unlike others...

This is a fantastic argument that you are constructing, Sauna.

Have you, by any chance, been taking advantage of your "allowance"?

No, just broadening the discussion , is that allowed?

Oh look it's this thread again.

Pops up every couple of years on various forums where people who have no idea like to show moral outrage against an art form they have no experience of and has done since the early days of "realistic" graphics on the spectrum.

Short answer No!

Long answer Nooooooooo! Move on and stop talking rubbish.

I actually love the quality of graphics in films but despise nasty macho video games , there must be healthier ways to channel all that testosterone

I actually love the quality of graphics in films but despise nasty macho video games , there must be healthier ways to channel all that testosterone

And thus you prove my point.

Actually re-reading and this is just a troll thread. Nothing to see here.

Edited by jagsthecat

The media go on about radicalised jihadis . Has anyone mentioned that radicalisation or , to put it another way , de sensitisation to violence , might be due to violent computer games where the next level becomes actual physical violence with a corresponding sense of achievement? Who buys and plays violent computer games ? Surely it's angry testosterone

filled young men with no outlet for their feelings?

Just considering another dimension which the Msm never touch.......

Yes the daily mail as mentioned it.

British brothers fighting for Isis in Syria were groomed by extremists using Call of Duty, claims their father

Psychologists warned this year that violent video games stunt the 'moral maturity' of teenagers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710478/British-brothers-fighting-Isis-Syria-groomed-extremists-using-Call-Duty-claims-father.html#ixzz3ClFc6YEe

Some people are very susceptible to suggestion and can be convinced of almost anything.

Edited by firemanbob