What's the point of having a personalised number plate?

A) Mecky's comment echoed your thread title almost exactly.

B) I was pulling your leg.

---------- Post added 17-09-2014 at 19:17 ----------

(Couldn't get to the smiley winky thing on my phone)

A) Mecky's comment echoed your thread title almost exactly.

B) I was pulling your leg.

Hahahaaha...Oh well....I did see there were threads that were sort of vaguely similar...But didn't match the title of the thread I posed....and I wasn't going to trawl through them all....I'm just a human being...Yep...I'm a mod, but I'm no different to anyone else on here...Got my own views...got my own quirks...etc ...etc....I'm just the same as anyone else...I'm not a super-being....

Reading this thread it does seem that those who are attracted to personalised number plates are also the ones who like to boast on internet forums about how much they've got (money, houses) etc; yet they also seem to be the very same people who either have multiple user names, and / or come across as somewhat lacking.

I wonder why...?

I wouldn,t have one given to me,nothing shouts out plonker like a £100 quid private plate which is that crap that they have to put there name in letters at the bottom of the plate so that you can work out what it says.Most of them appear to mean nothing at all.I knew somebody who had one that had nothing in common with his name whatsoever and admitted that it just looked good on his jag parked in his driveway.I was told he was defficient in a certain area by one of his ex girlfriends.

My wife, my brother, my Father, my Sisters in law, my brother in law in law all have personalised plates. I do not. I feel I'm the individualist ;)

Any further non - family friendly posts will result in the poster getting a ban.

Is it vanity? One upmanship? Superiority? I don't really 'get it'. But then again, there's a lot of things I don't 'get' ;)

It makes them feel special :)

I have one!

It means absolutely stuff all to me, not my initials or name etc.

It was on my first car when I bought it and I kept it.

Nothing to do with ego it's nostalgia and personal choice that's all.

If it were available I'd buy the number from my 1963 scooter for the same reason.

If it were available I'd buy the number from my 1963 scooter for the same reason.

'SCO 073 R' by any chance? :)

And no one wants to be the only person in the golf club car park with a " peasants " number plate . Id die of embarrassment if i had to park in there with a standard number plate.

Then I'd pull up next to you with my regular number plates and a smug face.

My mate from Norfolk has got Mam and Dad tattooed on the same hand.

I do hope its not his favourite hand.....urgh....awkward:gag::D .