Reborns-Do you like them/collect them

Hello,

I have just ordered my first re-born :) she is a limited edition of 400 kits.

I cant wait to get her.

I dont think I want to start a collection. I just saw her and for personal reasons feel very maternal towards her (I know, you think im mad)

Just wondering if any can share this with me :/

Hideous.

What is the attraction of these dolls? I know they're very popular with some people but I absolutely cannot understand why.

:huh:

I have to agree with Bagger on this one unfortunately :( I don't like them at all.. In fact I think they look a bit like babies who have passed away. They freak me out.

before this thread gets into a slated argument. Can we remember everyone likes different things please!!!!!!

Hello,

I have just ordered my first re-born :) she is a limited edition of 400 kits.

I cant wait to get her.

I dont think I want to start a collection. I just saw her and for personal reasons feel very maternal towards her (I know, you think im mad)

Just wondering if any can share this with me :/

No i don't think you are mad, and your right people do like different things. I can see the attraction to these with looking real life and the dolls are very life like to say these are just a doll. My friend has two of them and respect them but she don't go about like these are real, and to me these do look like dead babies. I once seen a TV program with woman who collect these and treat the doll like real baby by taking it walks in a pram and putting it in a car seats ect that to me is a bit disturbing. I also know you can get them with a small machine inside and it looks like the doll is breathing. I like how well these do look life like, but i never want to own one.

I used to reborn them but got to the stage I wanted to keep them all lol

I think people either love or hate them

kept 2 .. andrew and rose.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2hozjhh.jpg[/img]"]2hozjhh.jpg

I have just ordered my first one beemerchez

I decided to go with an eyes shut one. The detail is on her is so lovely, the capilaries and veins round her eyes make her look so real and she is so pretty.

I hope you all like her :)

2s63rzc.jpg

55o4gg.jpg

sqkp53.jpg

wb5hs5.jpg

No i don't think you are mad, and your right people do like different things. I can see the attraction to these with looking real life and the dolls are very life like to say these are just a doll. My friend has two of them and respect them but she don't go about like these are real, and to me these do look like dead babies. I once seen a TV program with woman who collect these and treat the doll like real baby by taking it walks in a pram and putting it in a car seats ect that to me is a bit disturbing. I also know you can get them with a small machine inside and it looks like the doll is breathing. I like how well these do look life like, but i never want to own one.

I would never put mine in a pram either.

I collect steif teddies which are also a work of art, and reborns are no different to these really, its just another type of collective artwork. The time that goes into making these is unbelievable.

However i dont think I want a collection of these, im happy with the this 1. She will stay in a bedroom in a wicker basket as an ornament :) which i will cuddle occasionally :) She is lovely :)

I would never put mine in a pram either.

I collect steif teddies which are also a work of art, and reborns are no different to these really, its just another type of collective artwork. The time that goes into making these is unbelievable.

However i dont think I want a collection of these, im happy with the this 1. She will stay in a bedroom in a wicker basket as an ornament :) which i will cuddle occasionally :) She is lovely :)

Get a Gerbil, they are much more interesting.

:)

I thought more people on here would collect them :/

she is lovely,very realistic..........

they have got better over the years. I did mine about 5 yrs ago.

mine are upstairs in the bedroom.

never have to feed them.change them,never want anything.

and stay like that forever.

whats wrong with that.they are just another ornament to me like a teddy...

alot of work go into doing these,and a lot of money.

some people like to build airplane models etc..

as I said you either love them or hate them.

I can understand why some don't like them though they do look creepy

there is a thread on here somewhere about them you will have to search way back.

last year I think it was.

I sold alot on ebay about 5 yrs ago.one buyer bought 7 off me,

she collected them.

each to there own I guess.would'nt do for us all to be the same.