Manifesto to vote for

We are now entering a time where political spin may possibly overtake good ideas for a party manifesto.There have been people on SF that have no idea which party to vote for.

Anyone have any ideas what would get your vote.This in turn may help others.

Mine would be,any party that would re Nationalise gas,water and electricity without compensation would get my vote.

Renationalise the train service too.

I take the train maybe once a decade. Why should be £billions of my taxes be given to a private company whose services I rarely use?

In light of recent events, No M.P is allowed to have a secondary job,Directorship or any involvement in having a secondary income.

The idea of re nationalising the railways appeal no end.If its to be subsidised ,then subsidise but not as a private enterprise.Re open all the closed lines of the past.Freight by rail once more then reduce the artics .

In light of recent events, No M.P is allowed to have a secondary job,Directorship or any involvement in having a secondary income.

The idea of re nationalising the railways appeal no end.If its to be subsidised ,then subsidise but not as a private enterprise.Re open all the closed lines of the past.Freight by rail once more then reduce the artics .

I'd stretch that first point and say you must have had a job outside politics first.

Second point, I'm all for nationalising the railways but opening old lines? Why? Where are they? Where did they go? Why were they closed and why should they be reopened? A lot of freight is moved by rail but that isn't going to get you to the shops in city centres.

I'd stretch that first point and say you must have had a job outside politics first.

Second point, I'm all for nationalising the railways but opening old lines? Why? Where are they? Where did they go? Why were they closed and why should they be reopened? A lot of freight is moved by rail but that isn't going to get you to the shops in city centres.

To answer your second point.....

There is a rail line serving lots of villages in the valleys of Wales.

Well...not serving exactly...Dr. Beeching saw to that!

The rail line running through my village carries two freight trains per day.

The line (if reopened) would certainly get me to the shops in the city centre.

It passes through the centre of Cardiff.

The line is now for freight only and all the village stations removed.

The economic benefits of re opening would surely outweigh the cost.

Bang on the money TinFoilHat, experience from from industry rather than the theory from College every time .But as an M.P the job is accepted for what it is.A full time position with a full time salary and not part time for full time money with a secondary post earning for retirement.

How about the education system having a overhaul . A token reduction in tuition fees to buy votes does nothing to improve the kids leaving school unable to read correctly?

---------- Post added 01-03-2015 at 14:16 ----------

After my last comment ,I checked out the thread submitted by Douglas J and surprisingly it gives a good overview.What with the addition of accountability ,transparency and holding a party to their manifesto promises .Even the most apathetic person should be able to manage an appropriate party.

... surprisingly .....

er ... thanks!

To answer your second point.....

There is a rail line serving lots of villages in the valleys of Wales.

Well...not serving exactly...Dr. Beeching saw to that!

The rail line running through my village carries two freight trains per day.

The line (if reopened) would certainly get me to the shops in the city centre.

It passes through the centre of Cardiff.

The line is now for freight only and all the village stations removed.

The economic benefits of re opening would surely outweigh the cost.

What do you think the costs would be to keep a train, train line and staff going. Can't you catch a bus? No, because it's probably uneconomical to have more than one or two a day - if there is one at all. Are the roads busy with traffic? I drove through mid Wales last year one Saturday and hardly saw a soul. And you want me to pay for these new trains all out of my taxes.

Nadgers to that!

Stop being sensitive Douglas.My comment wasn`t to belittle,usually I would expect something like it to be a game of sorts.I was genuinely impressed. A great deal would be learned for people to look at the thread,in my humble opinion that is.Hence my surprise.

We are now entering a time where political spin may possibly overtake good ideas for a party manifesto.There have been people on SF that have no idea which party to vote for.

Anyone have any ideas what would get your vote.This in turn may help others.

Mine would be,any party that would re Nationalise gas,water and electricity without compensation would get my vote.

Well you've just screwed up millions of peoples' pensions.. what's your next fantastic economic move?

---------- Post added 02-03-2015 at 15:15 ----------

Who would you have as government minsters? If being an MP is to be a completely full time job then how can they be ministers as well?