Car breakdown renewal

just received my quote it has gone up from £53 per year to £135.68 thats with 3 years no claims how can they justify that. it's a right rip off. rant over that feels better.

It's only a rip off if you don't have other options...

Phone the and tell them your not happy with the renewal. I did this with the AA, they reduced the yearly premium and allowed me to pay monthly.

just received my quote it has gone up from £53 per year to £135.68 thats with 3 years no claims how can they justify that. it's a right rip off. rant over that feels better.

Compare the market, or what ever, I did it recently and Swiftcover came out at about £53

Then find out what their competitors are charging (or even what they are charging) for new customers. Demand they meet the lowest or you'll move.

jb

I was with the AA for years and their premiums kept going up and up. In august last year, for some reason it didn't get renewed (still not got to the bottom of why)...But anyway, they rang me and asked if I'd like to rejoin....I thought I was still a member...Anyway, they offered me a new membership for £30.....The no-claims thing is a nonsense...

Next year when it becomes due...and they want more money....if needs be I'll cancel the membership and sign up as a new member on a new 'deal'....

i did phone them they knocked me £20 pound off. i also went on compare the market same company and got the same cover for £79 and i even used there own website and the quote was £82 i just don't get it.

I would only ever go with AA or RAC - these work to KPI's on getting the car going again roadside. Others are too prepared to tow you to a garage, in my experience.

So, play the game yearly. Get a new-customer quote from the other party, don't bother talking to the sales team to get a better quote, ask to speak to "Retentions".

They always matched the opposition's quote whatever the renewal quote was.

The AA doubled my premium at renewel to £200. I just called them up & told them i wouldn't renew as i could get the same thing for less than half the price (£96) of i reapplied as a new customer. They were able to match it and agreed to charge me £96 for the following year too.

It must be a bit like car insurance - need to shop around every year to get the best price.

Yep, another vote for swap around. There is no bonus for staying with the same company.