3 UK schoolgirls "travelling to Syria"

Three missing east London schoolgirls are feared to be travelling to Syria via Turkey, police say.

Shamima Begum, 15, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and an unnamed 15-year-old, who are all pupils at Bethnal Green Academy, flew from Gatwick to Istanbul on Tuesday, during their half-term break.

:huh:

Aren't there rules about unaccompanied minors boarding planes? Surely they should have been stopped at Gatwick as soon as their passports were checked. In fact, how were they even able to buy tickets?

Different for each carrier. BA allows children 15 and under to be accompanied by someone 16 or over. I flew as a 14 year old lad with my 12 year old brother back in the nineties, I think that was with KLM.

They probably flew Turkish air, so whats their policy on children??

Don't know if they actur inderstand their attitude to women. ..... anyway they won't last long before they are beheaded

Just seen pictures of them going through customs so proud and heads held high..Fast foreward a couple of months and they will be begging to come back to the uk just like the other one tareena shakil.

Edited by nikita

Don't know if they actur inderstand their attitude to women. ..... anyway they won't last long before they are beheaded

They're probably married by now.

Just seen pictures of them going through customs so proud and heads held high..Fast foreward a couple of months and they will be begging to come back to the uk just like the other one tareena shakil.

Ah - so it was a 'staged' stunt then? Why do we give the individuals who use these kids the oxygen of publicity?

If our press either reported these incidents correctly - or preferably not at all - the poor used individuals would probably cease to be used as cannon-fodder.

well they seemed quite happy to be there, didnt see any force..

well they seemed quite happy to be there, didnt see any force..

It was still staged for someones benefit - and you don't have to be stood over someone with a gun to make them feel scared.

It was still staged for someones benefit - and you don't have to be stood over someone with a gun to make them feel scared.

what going through scanners at customs was staged..i find thet hard to believe..

what going through scanners at customs was staged..i find thet hard to believe..

Apologies nikita - that'll teach me to check links.:(

I'm still interested to find out who thought to tell the BBC about this, and why?

Thousands of people pass through airports, and only the people themselves know where they are going.

They were not carrying big banners saying 'we are going to Syria to join IS' or were they??

Ooops - read the full post, RollingJ .

Who alerted the police?

Edited by RollingJ

So they aren't really going to Syria at all? It is an elaborate trick ?