America.. You so silly

Thing is, the situation you've described above and the one that I've mentioned happen all over the world. Have you seen how much people in the UK resist arrest? There was no reason to pump an unarmed man full of bullets at point blank range, just because they were struggling to hold him down. That's not what LAPD officers are trained to do. Using deadly force should be a last resort in a life threatening situation, not a peace keeping situation.

The man was a robbery suspect. He resisted arrest. He was very likely on Crack which greatly enhances body strength. The police now wear body cams on which a close up picture on one cam shows the man reaching for an officer's gun in it's holster.

No doubt the reverend Al Sharpton will be along very shortly to air his expert opinion that yet another innocent black man was murdered by racist white coppers

Edited by Harleyman

Good. Tell ISIS that

You consider ISIS similar to that of the US? How very civilised of you.

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 03:38 ----------

No doubt the reverend Al Sharpton will be along very shortly to air his expert opinion that yet another innocent black man was murdered by racist white coppers

Ridiculous isn't it..White racist police in the US, what will they think of next.

Edited by skinz

Seriously though it's very easy to find fault and criticize the handling of such a situation as was described. Police officers receive training in subduing violent offenders who choose to resist arrest but at the same time they also have a right to protect themselves from serious injury or worse and last year over 115 of them received the very worst nationwide.

Policing a city like Los Angeles is a very far cry from policing a city like London. The likelihood for violence is far greater in most cases. There are some very potentially dangerous nut jobs on the loose any hour of the day

Keep on protecting your precious gun laws. :loopy:

People llke you drive me nuts. If you can't see the correlation between the abundance of guns and the violence than what can you see?

The man was a robbery suspect. He resisted arrest. He was very likely on Crack which greatly enhances body strength. The police now wear body cams on which a close up picture on one cam shows the man reaching for an officer's gun in it's holster.

He was a robbery suspect that was "likely" (in your opinion?!) to be on crack? Well, when you put it like that! :roll:

If the man reached for the officers gun, where's the video footage to prove that? Why couldn't the 9 officers hold the drugged, electrocuted man's hands down? I thought these guys were highly trained officers? Sorry Harleyman, I appreciate that cops do a he'll of a good job on the whole, but you can't excuse this display of trigger happy madness.

Stupid comment considering that the LAPD like all modern big city police departments is multi ethnic. But I suppose you sitting on your perch in far away Sheffield know better. I wouldn't know of course even though I live here

For once I agree it was stupid, but counter stupidity seems the only thing that has any effect on you.

Good. Tell ISIS that

Seems Dark night's ramblings are rubbing off on you.,nah, once a rambler always a rambler.

Just to inform you..because an organisation is "multi ethnic" doesn't get you off the racist hook. Other ethnics can also be racist.

Assorted drivel and bickering removed. If you cannot remain civil I will be more than happy to suspend your accounts until such time as you learn to behave like adults

Ha ha. I hope it wasn't an English degree.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 04:14 ----------

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that. Your English is usually fairly good and understandable.

Mmmm I will ignore this. Haha.

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 22:10 ----------

Ha ha. I hope it wasn't an English degree.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 04:14 ----------

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that. Your English is usually fairly good and understandable.

And nope it wasn't an English degree, it was a Fine Art degree so I can choose to answer questions or quote questions in a contemporary art like drivel way, or maybe not.:)

The right to own guns will never happen in the UK

No President was ever going to try and remove the second amendment from the Constitution and neither could they. The Constitution is protected by the Supreme Court a higher body than the office of President when it comes to matters of the law

The 2nd amendment has never been in so much danger.

The Supreme Court it appears is not always able to resist your current presidents back door changes to the constitution as you seem to think.

I honestly believe, and I know I am not alone in this perception, that like the rest of society as you know it in the US the constitution will not be very long lived if certain people have their way.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 20:24 ----------

This is not needed in any country, people should encourage all arms to be outlawed not expanded.

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Unfortunately I am also sure that within a few years only servants of the state will be able to bear arms.

IMHO you are very mistaken and perhaps by the time the latter happens you will begin to realise why.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 20:27 ----------

Anyone seen the latest one to come out of the US? 1 man using his fists Vs 9 officers with 3 tasers? The man kept struggling, so they shot him dead at point blank range?!

Unbelievable!

People react in similar, violent ways in the UK when they're arrested. This was a gross over use of force by the LAPD.......For a change!

I fail to understand why you think this is unbelieveable in the US.

Just be grateful that for now it is unbelievable here.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 20:30 ----------

And when he does he will be right. America it seems is not going to take proper notice of how their police are becoming increasingly violent until its too late.

The Supreme Court it appears is not always able to resist your current presidents back door changes to the constitution as you seem to think.

I honestly believe, and I know I am not alone in this perception, that like the rest of society as you know it in the US the constitution will not be very long lived if certain people have their way.

Unfortunately I am also sure that within a few years only servants of the state will be able to bear arms.

IMHO you are very mistaken and perhaps by the time the latter happens you will begin to realise why.

And when he does he will be right. America it seems is not going to take proper notice of how their police are becoming increasingly violent until its too late.

Your assertion is nothing but exaggerated garbage. There are millions of police all over this country doing a first class job. The police are made up of many races, many cultures.

It really irritates the living **** out of me when people make sweeping statements because of the media publicity which concentrates on the few bad apples among them.

If you really had anything to say that was reasonably accurate about violent police then your about 50 years to late. Mississippi and Alabama have changed since then :rolleyes:

As for Al Sharpton... dont make me laugh. He's a race baiter and a rabble rouser of long standing. He does more harm to the black community than good. After the 18 year old was shot dead by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo a while back it was Sharpton and his extreme rhetoric that did much to trigger off the destructive riots which followed.

People like Sharpton do nothing to help young black Americans progress unlike other black Americans such as Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey. Sharpton is a dinosaur who belongs in the days of Jim Crow and segregation. No use at all in this day and age

Your assertion is nothing but exaggerated garbage. There are millions of police all over this country doing a first class job. The police are made up of many races, many cultures.

It really irritates the living **** out of me when people make sweeping statements because of the media publicity which concentrates on the few bad apples among them.

If you really had anything to say that was reasonably accurate about violent police then your about 50 years to late. Mississippi and Alabama have changed since then :rolleyes:

As for Al Sharpton... dont make me laugh. He's a race baiter and a rabble rouser of long standing. He does more harm to the black community than good. After the 18 year old was shot dead by a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo a while back it was Sharpton and his extreme rhetoric that did much to trigger off the destructive riots which followed.

People like Sharpton do nothing to help young black Americans progress unlike other black Americans such as Bill Cosby and Oprah Winfrey. Sharpton is a dinosaur who belongs in the days of Jim Crow and segregation. No use at all in this day and age

My assertion as you call it is actually the opinion of my American friends that live in the US.

I never mentioned Al Sharpton and wonder why you did.

I don't think bringing alleged sex offender Bill Cosby or oprah winfrey into any dicussion is very wise.

Yes we are talking about the 'bad apples' in the police force, whose numbers I'm told are growing.

There os no need to confine this view point to the actions of some police officers including black police officers towards black people, they believe just as badly towards any other race also. You only have to look at the prolethora of material on the net particularly you tube showing ....well lets just call it police behaving badly.

Edited by Tommo68

[b]I honestly believe, and I know I am not alone in this perception, that like the rest of society as you know it in the US the constitution will not be very long lived if certain people have their way.

[/b]

Yes I'm sure that King George III said something similar :D

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 02:59 ----------

My assertion as you call it is actually the opinion of my American friends that live in the US.

I never mentioned Al Sharpton and wonder why you did.

I don't think bringing alleged sex offender Bill Cosby or oprah winfrey into any dicussion is very wise.

Yes we are talking about the 'bad apples' in the police force, whose numbers I'm told are growing.

There os no need to confine this view point to the actions of some police officers including black police officers towards black people, they believe just as badly towards any other race also. You only have to look at the prolethora of material on the net particularly you tube showing ....well lets just call it police behaving badly.

You didn't mention Sharpton by name but you referred to him. Go back and read your post 315

This "numbers are growing" is just load of garbage fed to us by the media which as it does with everything else feeds only on the negatives. Your American friends are just alarmists no doubt brainwashed by that very media

The cop who volunteers his spare time to coach a boys baseball team, helps troubled youth, answers a call from a frightened old lady who thinks she saw a prowler late at night at her home or stops to assist a driver with a break down on the highway, calms and comforts a frightened shop owner after a robbery never, ever gets a mention. Millions like him do these kinds of things every day, they get burnt out, marriages fall apart, their kids grow up half knowing them but cop dad's pay which isnt exactly a king ransom helps them through college.

Last year over 115 police never returned home from their watch.

Go on believing what you want. The only things about America on this forum are always negative anyway. Maybe I should do some research and get some stats on the number of knifings in Britain each year and start a thread on that

Edited by Harleyman

Keep on protecting your precious gun laws. :loopy:

People llke you drive me nuts. If you can't see the correlation between the abundance of guns and the violence than what can you see?

Why should it drive YOU nuts. You live in nice, polite, angelic no crime Britain far away from the realism of what the US is. So sleep in peace, and leave us in peace from your ranting.:rant: