Dream interpretation

Evenin everyone :D

Had a strange dream last night...would appreciate anyone's thoughts.

A man pulling a horse, pulling a hanged man on a cart

Would appear from behind an orange glow in the clouds in the sky..

Tremendous amount of fear, whenever this orange glow would first softly appear, heralding the arrival of this trio.

Any takers?

:help:

I've also recently started taking 5-HTP, and am wondering if the two are linked :suspect:

Cheers!

Tremendous amount of fear, whenever this orange glow would first softly appear, heralding the arrival of this trio.

Any takers?

I've also recently started taking 5-HTP, and am wondering if the two are linked :suspect:

Cheers!

Are you looking for some kind of spiritual/superstitious interpretation or more of a psychological gig?

Don't eat cheese late at night, and avoid getting overheated in bed.

Any takers?

Cheers!

Two or three threads touched on in one answer here (mainly because I'm too lazy to write on all of 'em) ...

The orange glow is the fire at the local tuna canning factory and the 'hanged man' is the result of an accident. Read on ...

Due to delirium caused by mercury poisoning, a man, paying no attention due to a temperature of 125 degrees (on a mercury thermometer) got his head caught in a high tensile tuna fishing line he was casting whilst fishing by the tuna canning plant. Beset by inopportune malaise, he is unable to disentangle his neck from the super-strength line.

At the same time, on the business end of the line, a quicksilver skinned tuna takes a bite of the small banana bait (small bananas are tunas favourite snack). Unfortunately, the tuna realises that the banana is be-ridden by peck marks and pigeon droppings (pigeons favourite delicacy too it transpires).

The tuna legs (?) it, and in the process pulls the line taut, resulting in a 'hanged' fisherman, due to 'strangulation beyond the call of redemption' (according to coroner's report).

Ziggy Spangles, the owner of the canning factory, upon hearing the sharp snap of the fisherman's cervical vertebrae and oesophagus fears for the worse and calls for an ambulance.

As misfortune would have it, it's lunchtime and the paramedics are just starting on their Marmite sandwiches ... no way will they answer an emergency call without a very good reason. Strangulation is not of any great import over Lever Brothers finest.

Ziggy has no option ... he must get the fisherman away from the canning plant so as his dead body won't attract sharks which would be detrimental to his business.

He only has a horse and cart, his lorry being immobilised by due to traces of lead being discovered in the petrol ... a problem he's currently trying to remedy by syphoning all the petrol into an empty tuna holding tank facility.

Ziggy loads the strangulated fisherman onto the cart and jumps onto his horse (Axlerod). The horse has none of it ... pulling dead bodies isn't in it's job description, so refuses to budge.

Miffed by this (Axlerod's been playing up a lot recently), Ziggy grabs the reins and sets off to the coroner's, dragging the obstinate horse, cart and dead fisherman behind him, casually chucking away his cigarette end.

Well, you can guess ... the tab end ignites the syphoned fuel in the tuna holding tank and the whole canning plant goes up in flames ... kerbang!

Strangely, Ziggy doesn't see any of this because he's looking onto the horizon where a strange person appears to be asleep on a bed. Walking from the flames, Ziggy heads toward the slumbering person who slowly opens his eyes as the trio get closer .

'Aaaagh ... whassatt!! :gag::o !!' yells Solomon

I need to know a bit more detail.

Was the hanged man still hanging or was he laid down on the cart? If he was hanging, was he hanging by his legs or by his neck?

Did the horse look in distress, or tired, or was it fit and healthy? What colour was it? Did it have its eyes covered?

Can you offer any other description of either men?

You describe a tremendous amount of fear? Do you mean you experienced this fear, or others did? How did it manifest itself? Did you feel threatened?

Did you experience any sort of empathy for any of the characters?

Do you remember any dialogue or hearing any noises in your dream?

Did you have a physical presence in the dream? If so, did you have any interaction with anyone else or anything else? Where were you in the dream? What were you doing?

Edited by Mr Bloom

Are you looking for some kind of spiritual/superstitious interpretation or more of a psychological gig?

Any opinions

This dream really quite disturbed me - so was wondering if there might be a reason

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 20:42 ----------

Don't eat cheese late at night, and avoid getting overheated in bed.

Good advice Maz! :D

But I had done neither on this day ;)

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 20:44 ----------

Strangely, Ziggy doesn't see any of this because he's looking onto the horizon where a strange person appears to be asleep on a bed. Walking from the flames, Ziggy heads toward the slumbering person who slowly opens his eyes as the trio get closer .

'Aaaagh ... whassatt!! :gag::o !!' yells Solomon

HAHAHAAAA!! :D

Thanks for the creativity alcoblog :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 20:56 ----------

I need to know a bit more detail.

Was the hanged man still hanging or was he laid down on the cart? If he was hanging, was he hanging by his legs or by his neck?

Still hanging by the neck :gag:

Did the horse look in distress, or tired, or was it fit and healthy? What colour was it? Did it have its eyes covered?

Horse was fit and healthy. It was chesnut. Eyes not covered.

Can you offer any other description of either men?

Guy pulling horse, dressed in generic groom outfit. Period costume-esque - white blouse, waistcoat, peddle pushers. Hanged man in darkness - possibly the same man, now thinking about it. Weird!

You describe a tremendous amount of fear? Do you mean you experienced this fear, or others did? How did it manifest itself? Did you feel threatened?

I experienced this fear. When I saw the glow in the sky, felt very threatened.

Did you experience any sort of empathy for any of the characters?

None - possibly the horse

Do you remember any dialogue or hearing any noises in your dream?

Silence

Did you have a physical presence in the dream? If so, did you have any interaction with anyone else or anything else? Where were you in the dream? What were you doing?

Yes. Only at the end of the dream really, when I was feeling the most scared. Suddenly there was a very bright light in my eyes and the horse was directly in front of me. I knew that the guy pulling him was there also, but I couldn't open my eyes to see him, because the light was too bright, I was paralysed.

Really appreciate this Mr Bloom - am excited you've taken an interest! :thumbsup:

Now that is very interesting and your latest paragraph I think is the key to 'unlock' your dream.

When a dream is so vivid and has an instant profound effect, you've remembered it for a reason, and you should take time to try and decode it, if necessary.

I may be totally wrong here - every dream of course has to be viewed in the context of the circumstances of the 'dreamer'. However, I'm going to have a stab at this....

As the horse is being pulled by someone – this signifies an important message for you – this also signifies a sense of urgency – that you feel you need to act quickly. There is a sense of moving in to the unknown but I get a positive sense about this, that it is a positive move, that you and your loved ones will benefit from.

A horse pulling a carriage symbolises hard-work – there is a sense that you feel you should be recognised for your achievements. It can also symbolise the need to be dependent. I view this part as a bit of an internal struggle going on, you wish to take control of your destiny but at the same time fear that you are taking steps to be in control of your own destiny and will be less dependent on your traditional dependencies.

As the horse seems to be well cared for, this symbolises a peaceful, happy, loving home life/family life for you, so if it is a fear of turmoil, or loved ones not being cared for, or your home not being cared for, then your dream is telling you that you need not worry on that count.

The chestnut colour of the horse, signifies anxiety, fear of the darkness/unknown but also I get a sense of richness – a sense that you may be rewarded in terms of wealth. (This may not be only monetary wealth but spiritual wealth, I think applies here.)

No rider on the horse, also indicates success and prosperity.

The hanged man represents fear of being paraded as a failure and a desperation to avoid failure.

An orange sky is actually healing, tranquil, harmonious, an improvement in health, it can also signify new interests.

Bright light – spirituality, the higher self, divinity, spiritual energy.

To bring this all together then, I think it’s actually a very positive dream. It signifies you moving closer to a higher spiritual self and that your fears and anxieties about this process are misplaced, as you and yours will benefit. From reading the meanings above – you will hopefully be able to see how the dream fits with what is going on in your life at present.

Does this make any sense to you, with things that might be going on at this present time in your life?

When a dream is so vivid and has an instant profound effect, you've remembered it for a reason, and you should take time to try and decode it, if necessary

This is what I felt :nod:

Does this make any sense to you, with things that might be going on at this present time in your life?

Yes. It feels like something big is going to happen - don't know what and not sure if ready!

As the horse seems to be well cared for, this symbolises a peaceful, happy, loving home life

This is true

The hanged man represents fear of being paraded as a failure and a desperation to avoid failure

This is spot on - weirdly accurate!

To bring this all together then, I think it’s actually a very positive dream. It signifies you moving closer to a higher spiritual self and that your fears and anxieties about this process are misplaced, as you and yours will benefit

Thanks Mr Bloom :)

You're welcome. I believe dreams are very important. I hope this gives you the courage to fulfil your dreams - I think that is what your dream was telling you.

Now that is very interesting and your latest paragraph I think is the key to 'unlock' your dream.

When a dream is so vivid and has an instant profound effect, you've remembered it for a reason, and you should take time to try and decode it, if necessary.

I may be totally wrong here - every dream of course has to be viewed in the context of the circumstances of the 'dreamer'. However, I'm going to have a stab at this....

As the horse is being pulled by someone – this signifies an important message for you – this also signifies a sense of urgency – that you feel you need to act quickly. There is a sense of moving in to the unknown but I get a positive sense about this, that it is a positive move, that you and your loved ones will benefit from.

A horse pulling a carriage symbolises hard-work – there is a sense that you feel you should be recognised for your achievements. It can also symbolise the need to be dependent. I view this part as a bit of an internal struggle going on, you wish to take control of your destiny but at the same time fear that you are taking steps to be in control of your own destiny and will be less dependent on your traditional dependencies.

As the horse seems to be well cared for, this symbolises a peaceful, happy, loving home life/family life for you, so if it is a fear of turmoil, or loved ones not being cared for, or your home not being cared for, then your dream is telling you that you need not worry on that count.

The chestnut colour of the horse, signifies anxiety, fear of the darkness/unknown but also I get a sense of richness – a sense that you may be rewarded in terms of wealth. (This may not be only monetary wealth but spiritual wealth, I think applies here.)

No rider on the horse, also indicates success and prosperity.

The hanged man represents fear of being paraded as a failure and a desperation to avoid failure.

An orange sky is actually healing, tranquil, harmonious, an improvement in health, it can also signify new interests.

Bright light – spirituality, the higher self, divinity, spiritual energy.

To bring this all together then, I think it’s actually a very positive dream. It signifies you moving closer to a higher spiritual self and that your fears and anxieties about this process are misplaced, as you and yours will benefit. From reading the meanings above – you will hopefully be able to see how the dream fits with what is going on in your life at present.

Can I ask what you base your interpretations on?

Can I ask what you base your interpretations on?

A whole mixture of sources for actual dreamed 'items' (which you can find on the internet) and a very tiny amount of 'gut' feeling. I'm only a hobbyist, just interested in decoding dreams, as I believe we remember some for a reason, and should try and find out their messages, if we remember them. It's generally held, amongst interested people, that the more 'vivid' the dream, the more important it is that you get the message.

Edited by Mr Bloom

A whole mixture of sources for actual dreamed 'items' (which you can find on the internet) and a very tiny amount of 'gut' feeling. I'm only a hobbyist, just interested in decoding dreams, as I believe we remember some for a reason, and should try and find out their messages, if we remember them. It's generally held, amongst interested people, that the more 'vivid' the dream, the more important it is that you get the message.

I see.......