Evans Halshaw - Rotherham

Hi I know this is sheffield forum, but thought people may have opinions on this company. My mum is thinking about part exchanging for a car she has seen with Evans Halshaw.

Does anyone have any positive/bad experiences ???

Thanks

I've never found many good comments about Evans Halshaw. As long as the car you are buying is ok and you get a fair price for your car you shouldn't have any need to worry though. Their after sales service also doesn't get many positive comments, but then people are far more likely to complain about something they don't like then praise something they do.

We went in, about 3 years ago, looking for a runabout for my missus. I have have to admit the salesman knew even less about cars than me and the one we were interested in was well overpriced. Hopefully the salesman has moved on and the recession has had an impact on their prices.

We bought a Corsa recently from Evan's Halshaw Rotherham (Ford), we got the best deal of all the one's we'd looked at (and we looked at afew). We also got a full tank of petrol!! We had a problem with the breaks, phoned up & booked in really quick and had new breaks fitted no problems. Sales & service were both good with us.

it there anyting like the sheffield branch stay well clear, they promise to price match is a load of bull, i found the same car with lower mileage 1/2 away and they try and slag of the garage and slime out of the price match,

we got our vectra from there (rotherham branch) 2 years ago, they said it would come with 4 brand new tyres and a full tank of diesel, also should have had full service history....

the tyres tread were barely legal, the diesel was so low that we thought it wasnt going to make us to the petrol station and the full service history... you guessed it, it didnt! oh and i forgot to mention the full valet before we drove away... a little polish guy gave the outside a wipe over, that was our full valet! all in all, the car is a great runner, but the service you recieve is poor.

we got our vectra from there (rotherham branch) 2 years ago, they said it would come with 4 brand new tyres and a full tank of diesel, also should have had full service history....the tyres tread were barely legal, the diesel was so low that we thought it wasnt going to make us to the petrol station and the full service history... you guessed it, it didnt! oh and i forgot to mention the full valet before we drove away... a little polish guy gave the outside a wipe over, that was our full valet! all in all, the car is a great runner, but the service you recieve is poor.

Are you saying you acepted the car like that, without getting what was agreed? :huh:

Looking for my last car I went to both the Rotherham and Sheffield branch - Rotherham couldn't have been more helpful, let us take several test drives, try different models, spent ages with my wife and I and answered all our questions, gave us a trade in price and negotiated a deal (which we didn't go for in the end). Think the salesmans name was Chris.

Went to the Sheffield branch (Penistone rd) - could not have had a more different experience. Would not let us take a test drive, or give me a trade in price - unless I promised to buy the car! Asking quite how I was meant to know if I could even afford said car when they wouldnt give me a trade in price, I was accused of being cheap. At one point even wanted me to put a non returnable deposit on a car they didnt even have, on the salesmans 'promise' it was in good condition (bearing in mind he'd never seen it either). When I asked to speak to the manager, the peson I spoke to (who turned out to not be ther manager) just said "yeah, whatever - you're just wasting our time" I later got a half hearted apology from the real manager, though he kept insisting it was their business model. Needless to say I'm always happy to tell people to avoid that place like the plague.

Are you saying you acepted the car like that, without getting what was agreed? :huh:

tbh we didnt notice the tyres till we got home, everything else we just put up with as we had been waiting for months to get the car delivered from another showroom, hubby needed it for work asap!

It really can be a bit of a mine-field when buying a (used) car.

I have even had issues when buying a brand new car. One company-DC Cookes (at the time trading from Shaef gardens Sheff 1992, but nolonger in business) registered my car to themselves

It really can be a bit of a mine-field when buying a (used) car.

I have even had issues when buying a brand new car. One company-DC Cookes (at the time trading from Sheaf gardens Sheff 1992, but no longer in business) registered my car to themselves to get the sales figures up for the previous month-allegedly.

When the V5 arrived it stated “one previous owner” on it. I issued a summons in the county court and they paid up before it went to court. I would not hesitate to do it again if I felt I had been treated unjustly by any company. It is not like suing an individual who is skint, and then chasing them around the block.

I can understand people coming on here telling their stories at the time it is happening to release the stress etc, but you have got to stand up to these sales people/cowboys.

Just know your rights, then let rip.

I went to the Sheffield dealer with £4,500 to spend on a small car, they said without using their finance it'd be difficult to find a car for so little money, they showed us a mucky 2007 C1 with high miles that was in an awful tatty condition. I bought private and paid £200 less for a 2009 Mitsubishi Colt in mint condition. Buying private you get so much more!