Mobility Cars any experiences?

Posting this for advise as I'm helping someone who has been awarded PIP... Any experiences of companies you've used etc would be helpful. I was also thinking that perhaps when the reg plate is about to change from 65 to 16 this may be a good time to sign the lease ie may get a better deal or does this not make any difference?

The reg plate doesn't make any difference. The car is leased for 3 years and provided you still qualify you change the car for a new one at the end of the 3 years.

The reg plate doesn't make any difference. The car is leased for 3 years and provided you still qualify you change the car for a new one at the end of the 3 years.

I appreciate that but I'm unsure if a dealer has cars they want to move on they will be cheaper because they will obviously be older... For example two new cars with no mileage one has 55 plate and the other 16. I was thinking the cars would be the same but one worth more that the other. Especially if the 16 plate is a newer version... Although I'm unsure if cars are plated when they are actually sold so the timing doesnt matter...

The rate paid, usually the full mobility component of dla or pip, (though some cheaper models are slightly less) and any advance payment (if it applies, many models are nil advance payment) is set by Motability themselves, and not the dealers, so I don't think it would make a difference, but it's worth enquiring.

The rate paid, usually the full mobility component of dla or pip, (though some cheaper models are slightly less) and any advance payment (if it applies, many models are nil advance payment) is set by Motability themselves, and not the dealers, so I don't think it would make a difference, but it's worth enquiring.

I was thinking now may be the optimum time... we'll see :D

Motability is not always the most cost effective way to do things. A friend of mine had a motability car for 3 years. Having that motability car for 3 years actually cost him tend thousand pounds. He got his DLA book back, but obviously no car then. The motability scheme seems an expensive way to do things. I appreciate that you have no servicing or repairs to think about.Insurance is included in those figures too. Road fund license would free anyway if you have a blue badge, regardless.

Motability is not always the most cost effective way to do things. A friend of mine had a motability car for 3 years. Having that motability car for 3 years actually cost him tend thousand pounds. He got his DLA book back, but obviously no car then. The motability scheme seems an expensive way to do things. I appreciate that you have no servicing or repairs to think about.Insurance is included in those figures too. Road fund license would free anyway if you have a blue badge, regardless.

I don't really understand your post. If you get a low value vehicle, you do not pay any deposit, in some cases you even get a little money back each month. The car costs you nothing to run at all, nothing. All you do is put fuel in it, end of. How does that cost you ten thousand pounds.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 04-02-2016 at 19:38 ----------

Posting this for advise as I'm helping someone who has been awarded PIP... Any experiences of companies you've used etc would be helpful. I was also thinking that perhaps when the reg plate is about to change from 65 to 16 this may be a good time to sign the lease ie may get a better deal or does this not make any difference?

You make no deals, Mobility do all the deals. The only way you get a "better deal" is if the car manufacturer wants to get rid of stock, then you "might" if it's on the scheme get a better model for the same deposit you would pay for a lesser one.

It's also possible if you wish to add more money to your deposit to get a slightly better model, (if the dealer allows it) but that's money you don't have to pay, it's your choice. You also get first dibs on buying your car after 3 years, but why bother as you will be eligible for another new one.

Angel1.

The car dealer has nothing to do with what type of model you get,or how much deposit you pay.Motorbility have a list of all available cars and the price is set by them.Check out there website.

The car dealer has nothing to do with what type of model you get,or how much deposit you pay.Motorbility have a list of all available cars and the price is set by them.Check out there website.

Mobility are quite open for you to spend your money to upgrade your chosen car, they understand when it comes back under their wing it will return more money back to the scheme than a standard model.

Angel1.

I have a blue badge, but havent claimed DLA or PIP, would I be able to get the road fund licence free ?

The CAB site says this :

If you have a blue badge and meet certain other criteria, you may not have to pay road tax.

you are undergoing long-term hospital treatment and have only had your DLA higher rate mobility component removed because of this.

I havent applied for DLA as I wouldnt get it due to long term hospital treatment (basically, the rest of my life)

Edited by Ghostrider

I have a blue badge, but havent claimed DLA or PIP, would I be able to get the road fund licence free ?

The CAB site says this :

If you have a blue badge and meet certain other criteria, you may not have to pay road tax.

you are undergoing long-term hospital treatment and have only had your DLA higher rate mobility component removed because of this.

I havent applied for DLA as I wouldnt get it due to long term hospital treatment (basically, the rest of my life)

No, the road fund licence exemption comes along with the higher rate of DLA mobility component or enhanced mobility part of PIP. If you don't have one or other then you'll still have to pay I'm afraid.

Mobility send you a booklet off the cars on the scheme three months before you hand your present one back, I am on No 9.