Carney earns too much?

Carney 'too aggressive' on interest rate rise threat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35488202

He is also not meeting his 2% inflation target, there are not very many things that a chancellor is responsible for, most things are down to the Goverenment.

But wasnt Carney paid big money because he WAS the top man?

We also STILL have a over-heating housing market.

Carney 'too aggressive' on interest rate rise threat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35488202

He is also not meeting his 2% inflation target, there are not very many things that a chancellor is responsible for, most things are down to the Goverenment.

But wasnt Carney paid big money because he WAS the top man?

We also STILL have a over-heating housing market.

Carney is Governor of the Bank of England he's not the chancellor... :confused:

Carney is Governor of the Bank of England he's not the chancellor... :confused:

That is what I meant to write ;)

What do you expect him to do within the parameters of his job?

Another foreigner coming over here taking our jobs, no wonder we are in such a mess.

What do you expect him to do within the parameters of his job?

I'm fairly certain those pontificating don't know what the job actually entails. It's not like he sits at a desk with a lever marked interest rates, and another marked inflation and they get pulled once every six months or so...

Another foreigner coming over here taking our jobs, no wonder we are in such a mess.

And Corbyn wants more of them.

I was going to say, based on the rest of the world I'd say he's doing an above average job. He's helped keep our economy seemingly fairly level headed while others are doing boom and bust. Say what you like against Gordon Brown, but giving the interest rates power to the Bank of England was an excellent decision that has paid off massively.

I was going to say, based on the rest of the world I'd say he's doing an above average job. He's helped keep our economy seemingly fairly level headed while others are doing boom and bust. Say what you like against Gordon Brown, but giving the interest rates power to the Bank of England was an excellent decision that has paid off massively.

The Bank of England has again expressed concern about the UK's buy-to-let property market. The Bank's governor, Mark Carney, said he was concerned about high levels of lending to landlords and that the Bank would take action.

16 December 2015, BBC

I heard a news item the other week, MPs blaming Carney for the housing market fiasco; the lines of who to blame is getting very blurred.

The Bank of England has again expressed concern about the UK's buy-to-let property market. The Bank's governor, Mark Carney, said he was concerned about high levels of lending to landlords and that the Bank would take action.

16 December 2015, BBC

I heard a news item the other week, MPs blaming Carney for the housing market fiasco; the lines of who to blame is getting very blurred.

Carney doesn't control the housing market. He controls the interest rates. If he puts interest rates up then people will save more and we risk deflation. Only thing to calm the housing market is a) build a ton more houses, b) make it significantly harder or at least more expensive to buy a second property, something I begrudgingly accept the Tories have started to do with change to Buy To Let tax allowances. A long way to go though. Interest rates won't affect cash buyers who are often the ones who own BTL in the first place.

16 December 2015, BBC

Care to explain what it is you are complaining about and what it is you think he can do?

What Obelix said earlier on the thread.

And Corbyn wants more of them.

But they are not as expensive as this one.