Men aged 45-59 least likely to be happy??

I can see why. You're at an age when your are likely to be worrying about teenage kids and/or uni fees and wondering if that unexpected call at teatime is a parent who has keeled over. Is your pension going to be sufficient or are you going to work until you die or get dementia.

That's rubbish,the older you get the more likely you are to get age related illness,I know when I was 45 I was as healthy as I've ever been.Health is very important re happiness,good luck to the 60+ people that continue to be healthy.

Im not quite there yet. But maybe regrets come into it and worries over a job or children. Gimmie 3 year and i will tell you.

Does this not affect women of a similar age ?

Why just men ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35471624

What do we think. Is it true?

And 60 and overs up to 79 are happiest?

:suspect:

So, I suppose we can deduce from this that...

... the majority of SF users are men aged 45-59? :huh:

I can see why. You're at an age when your are likely to be worrying about teenage kids and/or uni fees and wondering if that unexpected call at teatime is a parent who has keeled over. Is your pension going to be sufficient or are you going to work until you die or get dementia.

Approaching male menopause and the loss of the ability to chat up the ladies ?

Im quite a few years off. But started to notice things, loss of youth bit by bit and all that.

Maybe 45+ guys are feeling powers waning and by 60 they accept it?

Go along with it completely: I'm mid-50s and miserable as sin.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35471624

What do we think. Is it true?

And 60 and overs up to 79 are happiest?

the 60-79 group benefited heavily from the post war boom. Cheap mortgages, free education, great prospects and then retirement on final salary pensions. They are the group that took everything and pulled up the ladder behind them. The 45-59 group are all to aware of this fact.

the 60-79 group benefited heavily from the post war boom. Cheap mortgages, free education, great prospects and then retirement on final salary pensions. They are the group that took everything and pulled up the ladder behind them. The 45-59 group are all to aware of this fact.

What about the millenials up to 35? We feel it worse!

---------- Post added 02-02-2016 at 22:00 ----------

What about the millenials up to 35? We feel it worse!

We got lumbered with a load of debt. I guess only way is up.

Best thing about being 60+ is retirement.

Worst thing about being 60+ is declining health.

---------- Post added 02-02-2016 at 22:33 ----------

They took nothing, they worked for every penny, often from being 15 years old.

It took half a century of fighting for a better deal.

As for pulling up the ladder behind them, that is the government's doing, not theirs. In spite of the government's propaganda our benefits etc are not particularly generous, and our pensions are among the lowest in Europe, but our University fees are the most expensive in Europe.

It you think what's happening is unfair, (it is,) then you have to fight for better. Get out there and protest, cause a rumpus, and for heavens sake vote for better.