Jeremy Corbyn not trusted on national security by 71%

Do you trust Jeremy Corbyn with our national security ?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Jeremy Corbyn with our national security ?

• Yes (woman)
    • Yes (man)
    • No (woman)
    • No (man)

It's not much of a surprise that lots of Britons don't trust Jeremy with national security but 71% seems like too big a number to overcome. Interestingly its women who trust Corbyn the least.

Lord (John) Hutton, the former Labour Defence Secretary, branded Mr Corbyn a threat to national security after the Labour leader said he would never press the nuclear button. The poll found that only 29 per cent of people trusted Mr Corbyn on the issue, while 71 per cent did not.

According to the results, men are more likely than women to have faith in Mr Cameron on security. Six out of 10 men (59 per cent) trust him on the issue, compared with 49 per cent of women.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-not-trusted-to-safeguard-national-security-by-71-of-britons-a6787776.html

Who better to take care of our national security than a man who is against war. Wars only hurt us and lines the pockets of the people who run the military machine and make obscene profits from other peoples suffering.

Who better to take care of our national security than a man who is against war. Wars only hurt us and lines the pockets of the people who run the military machine and make obscene profits from other peoples suffering.

I think everyone is against war, but that isn't the same as doing nothing when your enemies are attacking you.

Whos attacking us? The answer is no one, its in your head and its been put there on purpose to get you behind another bloody war. Its us doing the attacking. Us along with NATO doing the killing, the bating, the provocation all in an attempt to get us into war. Again!,

By the way, not everyone is against war. That's why we keep having them.

Remember Iraq? That went well didn't it, All nice and legal like

I think everyone is against war, but that isn't the same as doing nothing when your enemies are attacking you.

Which isn't relevant in the case of Corbyn..he isn't our leader.

As its unlikely that Mr.Corbyn will ever be in a position as prim-minister the 71% who don't trust him means nothing.

Maybe we should have a poll of "do you trust your government?"

i think you will find it is us doing the attacking...

Arms manufacturers aren't. The UK is one of the most successful arms exporters in the world. A big part of the the big business lobby that's behind the Tories and New Labour

I don't think Corbyn has said anything about not defending ourselves when attacked.

---------- Post added 28-12-2015 at 15:17 ----------

As its unlikely that Mr.Corbyn will ever be in a position as prim-minister the 71% who don't trust him means nothing.

Maybe we should have a poll of "do you trust your government?"

Very true. We won't even get the chance to decide at the polls in 2020. It's clear Labour will be led by somebody else by that point.

Corbyns an extremist anti military sort. Just like trump at the other end of the scale in the states extremists are not good for national security.

Corbyns an extremist anti military sort. Just like trump at the other end of the scale in the states extremists are not good for national security.

Not true is it. Germany and Switzerland are essentially pacifist but are amongst the most successful and secure countries in the world.

I'd rather we were more like them.

Which isn't relevant in the case of Corbyn..he isn't our leader.

And he never will be , thank god.

The thought of a white flag waver running the country should strike fear into everyone.

And he never will be , thank god.

The thought of a white flag waver running the country should strike fear into everyone.

War hungry mental heads strike fear into me. Not someone who is against violence. Only violent people have a problem with his stance on war. Violent people with violent thoughts.