Evans Halshaw - Rotherham

evans halshaw also charge you £100 to make sure the car is HPI clear and the mileage is correct, i laughed at them and took my money elsewhere

hi bought a peugeot 206 1.4 05 plate in july 11 from evans halsaw parkgate rotherham had the car 3 days noise coming from engine had to have new clutch fitted car had 3 months warranty so i got this done for free paid extra warranty for first year 2 months later exchaust fell off broken from bracket were welded and middle part of exchaust told this happened due to wear n tear also no warranty pack told electric windows air con isnt covered so why is a exchaust not covered by this extended warranty phoned finance company sending complaint forms also emailed trading standards waiting for reply sending car back and never buying from them ever again

hi bought a peugeot 206 1.4 05 plate in july 11 from evans halsaw parkgate rotherham had the car 3 days noise coming from engine had to have new clutch fitted car had 3 months warranty so i got this done for free paid extra warranty for first year 2 months later exchaust fell off broken from bracket were welded and middle part of exchaust told this happened due to wear n tear also no warranty pack told electric windows air con isnt covered so why is a exchaust not covered by this extended warranty phoned finance company sending complaint forms also emailed trading standards waiting for reply sending car back and never buying from them ever again

How did you go on with your return ,A friend bought a car from them and was told that the fault he found a month later was not covered and he was told he had to pay for it him self.

Just noticed thread is getting on a bit so will wait to see if reply is forth coming.

evans halshaw also charge you £100 to make sure the car is HPI clear and the mileage is correct, i laughed at them and took my money elsewhere

This is true and it costs them all of a fiver.I rang trading standards about this as I thought it was illegal for a dealer to sell a car without doing these checks,but apparantly it isn't.Trading standards said any sensible dealer would automatically do the checks and if I really wanted one of their cars I should make sure I got a print out of the checks and attempt to get it for free.Needless to say I went elsewhere.

How did you go on with your return ,A friend bought a car from them and was told that the fault he found a month later was not covered and he was told he had to pay for it him self.

Just noticed thread is getting on a bit so will wait to see if reply is forth coming.

As the post you quoted is over 3 and a half years old and it has been the only post ever made by nathan1978 you may be waiting a long while :hihi:

Hi I know this is sheffield forum, but thought people may have opinions on this company. My mum is thinking about part exchanging for a car she has seen with Evans Halshaw.

Does anyone have any positive/bad experiences ???

Thanks

My son telephoned Rotherham Evans Halshaw and requested a quote for a brand new DS3 Style with metallic paint, based on 10,000 miles with a £199 deposit, he was quoted £199 per month over 3 years on PCP. We had received other quotes from other dealers and thought that they had priced it incorrectly as the other quotes were approx £30 per month more from the other dealers. So I rang the dealership to confirm that the price was right and asked if it was based on the 10,000 miles and the metallic paint which we had requested, they confirmed it was.

We arranged an appointment with the salesperson for 10.00am on the Sunday morning, as my son was working at 12 that day and had a 30 mile drive to work from the showroom.

On arriving at the showroom Jane the sales advisor went through the spec on the vehicle with us which was identical to what we had specked for over the telephone. She went away to her managers office to go get the figures which we were surprised about as we had already told them the spec over the phone. She then came back with her manager, he then took over. He said that based on the spec we wanted the car was £259 per month, I almost had an heartattack!! I said how come you quoted £199 a month over the phone, he said that was on 6,000 miles and non metallic paint! I said but when you quoted me over the phone I specifically told you I wanted 10,000 miles and met paint. He said well that's £259 a month. I was furious to say the least!! I explained that I had my own carpet and furniture business and if a customer rang me for a quote on 5m X 4m carpet fitted and gave me the name of the carpet and I quoted them £500, then when the customer came into order it I said it was £600, the customer would not be happy, for me then to tell them I'd quoted for a 4m X 4m instead. It doesn't make sense!!! I explained it's exactly what he had done with us. He had under quoted to get us in the showroom, for us to sign a deal. Well that's bad business in my eyes. I will never use this dealer again!! Ever!! False advertising. As you can guess we went to Wakefield Citroen and signed the deal at the price they quoted us over the phone, no gimmicks just honest sales staff and manager! Avoid Rotherham at all costs!!!

Hi I know this is sheffield forum, but thought people may have opinions on this company. My mum is thinking about part exchanging for a car she has seen with Evans Halshaw.

Does anyone have any positive/bad experiences ???

Thanks

I considered using the before but decided against it when the salesman lied about the condition of my car. I dont mean a little bit of fibbing. I mean big fat whopping lies. I told them to stick it and spent my money somewhere else.

I would never use them again.

Don't know about the Rotherham branch, but my experience with the Sheffield Penistone Road branch was nothing short of diabolical. They were more interested in getting my money rather than providing me with the car I wanted. The aftersales service as well is terrible. Avoid like the plague.