Ex Owl Leon Clarke

When he left us I didn't feel gutted at the time but he really looks like he has matured as a player of late and I cant help but feel he will be a half decent player for Wolves this year after a shakey start and a bit of doubt as to whether he would be there only six months after signing for them. I can see him scoring a few this season. Bet you United fans are gutted to have missed out on him from Coventry as well because he proved himself to be lethal in that league. He has scored again tonight for Wolves and did in the last pre season friendly for them.

If Wolves did offload would anyone on here want him?

Edited by peakexpat

When he left us I didn't feel gutted at the time but he really looks like he has matured as a player of late and I cant help but feel he will be a half decent player for Wolves this year and might score some goals for them. Bet you United fans are gutted to have missed out on him from Coventry as well because he proved himself to be lethal in that league. He has scored again tonight for Wolves and did in the last pre season friendly for them.

Pat,

I'd have had him like a shot mate

Pete

Good League 1 player... Can't cut it in the championship...

17 clubs in 11 years tells its own story.

It does but take away the loans and it's only six clubs.

True Jim.but it says to me Clarke tries to impress at the start then becomes less bothered hence constantly being loaned out.

True Jim.but it says to me Clarke tries to impress at the start then becomes less bothered hence constantly being loaned out.

I think this is one of the reasons that I didn't feel gutted when he left us. When he was on his game he definitely had some quality about him but you never knew who was going to turn up as he was really and miss. I remember the screamer he put away against Leicester it is up there as one of the better goals I have ever seen in a Wednesday shirt. I think his turn around has come since his bust up with Di Canio at Swindon. He seems to have trimmed up and looks in better shape this days. At Scunthorpe and Coventry he's done a good job.

I don't think I would have him back because of how he was before but I think if somebody invests a bit of confidence in him he's still got a bit of a point to prove and will score goals. If Wolves offload him then somebody in league one will snap up a good goalscorer.

---------- Post added 29-07-2014 at 21:19 ----------

He's scored again for Wolves tonight away at Oxford. Looks to be in good shape.