Samsung Smart TV's and Freview signal strength

Does anyone know if smart tv's have any sort of circuitry that boosts signals for freeview or even facilites freeview. I have lost all my channels on my main Samsung Smart TV(about 5 years old), this is with built in freeview or the seperate dvr plugged into TV, (sometimes they come back, then go away again)while in my bedoroom with a poundland aerial i can get all channels with the built in freeview. This would suggest it is something to do with the Samsung TV, not signal strength, aerial type, etc.

Edited by gamezone07

I should have said if i swap the indoor aerials around, ie from living room to bedroom,they work great, but not the other way, the main TV outside aerial hasn't worked since the great sheffield earthquake a decade ago.

I should have said if i swap the indoor aerials around, ie from living room to bedroom,they work great, but not the other way, the main TV outside aerial hasn't worked since the great sheffield earthquake a decade ago.

How old is the outside aerial? Is it designed to pick up digital TV?

Is it pointing at the correct transmitter?

The outdoor aerial hasn't functioned since the earthquake, I just tried all my aerials, booster one, pound shop one nothing, still no picture(though signal strength was good), took the aerials from the back, tried my old Sony, all channels, even with cheapo one, only 8M away from the main TV, i do think it is an issue with circuitry in the Samsung.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 23:06 ----------

Are you in proximity of a 4G mobile aerial?

I think I am, 200 metres about, not sure if 4G but a large mast.

That could be your issue. I had a coaxial splitter from the antisurge sockets in the living room to TV in kitchen - this had a small digi box from Aldi then it stopped working - had to get an 'All-4-One' indoor flat aerial with a 4G suppressor. The clever numpties in whitehall approved 4G without realising that it would be transmitting at 800 Hz - the same frequency as Freeview. ;)

https://at800.tv/

http://www.newelectronics.co.uk/electronics-technology/advent-of-4g-looks-set-to-disgruntle-freeview-users/48789/

Edited by swarfendor43

Have you thought about just having a new outside aerial fitted?

Hi

just buy a new digi aerial for outside

indoor aerials are rubbish

Hi

just buy a new digi aerial for outside

indoor aerials are rubbish

The All-4-One indoor aerial that came with 4G suppressor works great. :P

That could be your issue. I had a coaxial splitter from the antisurge sockets in the living room to TV in kitchen - this had a small digi box from Aldi then it stopped working - had to get an 'All-4-One' indoor flat aerial with a 4G suppressor. The clever numpties in whitehall approved 4G without realising that it would be transmitting at 800 Hz - the same frequency as Freeview. ;)

https://at800.tv/

http://www.newelectronics.co.uk/electronics-technology/advent-of-4g-looks-set-to-disgruntle-freeview-users/48789/

Tx, but if its 4g affecting the signal, why do all my aerials work great on my TV in my bedroom?