My worse ever season watching footie

I’ve been watching football for nearly 50 years and during this time you develop affinity towards some teams and dislike for others.

Growing up in Belfast the big two were Linfield and Glentoran and given I lived 50 yards from glentorans ground I followed them all over the country (small that it is).

You also had to have allegiance to either Rangers or Celtic and mine was to the former.

I then moved to Sheffield and followed my dads lead in following Wednesday as opposed to the other third of the city.

The Premier league comes along and my preference is towards the Northern clubs with a specific dislike to Chelsea (throwback to the 80’s and their supporters).

We then see the wonderful played by Barcelona with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and my Spanish allegiance is to them when La Liga is screened at the weekend.

So here we are at the end of the season:

• Chelsea are champions of the Premier

• Celtic are unbeaten in Scotland

• Linfield do the double in Belfast with an ex Glenman banging a hat-trick in the Cup Final

• Wednesday blow the play-offs

• United get 100 points and walk away with their league

• Real Madrid will win La Liga and probably the Champions League as well

• To top it all my lads Junior Football team gets relegated.

Has anyone ever had a worse season than this?

Well we have to take responsibility for our choices and live with them.

Be brave little one and remember there's always next season " go you Owls"

---------- Post added 19-05-2017 at 12:57 ----------

Just an addition I think you may have exaggerated the number of Blades fans in the city at 1/3 I think it's more like 1/20

---------- Post added 19-05-2017 at 13:01 ----------

I’ve been watching football for nearly 50 years and during this time you develop affinity towards some teams and dislike for others.

Growing up in Belfast the big two were Linfield and Glentoran and given I lived 50 yards from glentorans ground I followed them all over the country (small that it is).

You also had to have allegiance to either Rangers or Celtic and mine was to the former.

I then moved to Sheffield and followed my dads lead in following Wednesday as opposed to the other third of the city.

The Premier league comes along and my preference is towards the Northern clubs with a specific dislike to Chelsea (throwback to the 80’s and their supporters).

We then see the wonderful played by Barcelona with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta and my Spanish allegiance is to them when La Liga is screened at the weekend.

• Linfield do the double in Belfast with an ex Glenman banging a hat-trick in the Cup Final

You have won this seasons prize for irony though

Don't worry about a thing cos every little things gonna be alright :hihi:

Rotherham United and Leyton Orient ?

Edited by stpetre
Add

Yo u wasn't about in the 70s then.

'Celtic are unbeaten in Scotland', so would Doncaster Rovers if they played up there. I wonder how many on S.F. actually care who wins the Belfast derbies

'Celtic are unbeaten in Scotland', so would Doncaster Rovers if they played up there. I wonder how many on S.F. actually care who wins the Belfast derbies

More interest in the Donkey derby. Scottish football :hihi:

Ha , other third of the city.Think your clutching at straws mate. More like you chose the third of the city plus half of Barnsley.

If you think this season has been bad bad wait until next. If I was you I'd put your head back in the sand.

Edited by chrisj