Hare and Hounds Stannington

It appears the pub has now been demolished so it appears the developers are expecting the planning to go through:

Erection of 14 dwellinghouses with associated parking, amenity space, access and landscaping Open for Comment

Site Of Stannington United Cricket Club Uppergate Road Sheffield S6 6DA

Ref. No: 17/00783/FUL | Received: Wed 22 Feb 2017 | Validated: Thu 02 Mar 2017 | Status: Awaiting decision

Aren't they supposed to get permission to demolish the old pub first?

Aren't they supposed to get permission to demolish the old pub first?
.........wouldn't think so,it's not that old or listed or anything!and it's just an eyesore!

I thought there was some kind of permission required to pull a building down, there needs to be a record/plan that it was done safely and appropriate clean up of the site was undertaken.

Is that not the case?

I thought there was some kind of permission required to pull a building down, there needs to be a record/plan that it was done safely and appropriate clean up of the site was undertaken.

Is that not the case?

....maybe they have permission........I know that some asbestos was removed before it was demolished!

My understanding is that you don't necessarily need Planning Permission to demolish a whole building.

It might be required in this case if it was felt that the structure had become unsafe as a result of the developers action or inaction.

However, as the developer plans to build housing on the site and they need consent to do that, it would have been simple to include the demolition of the old building in the planning application. No need to apply separately.

Deleted and put into correct post!!

Wondered where it had 'disappeared' to!

:)

Edited by FORE
wrong section!!

Guest sibon

Did you get planning permission to replace the cartridge?

Did you get planning permission to replace the cartridge?

Naw, just chanced it! Nice one!:roll:

The planning application quoted in the op does not relate to The Hare & Hounds, it's for the ground which used to comprise the cricket ground. The map shows the area. Map from planning app.

The planning application quoted in the op does not relate to The Hare & Hounds, it's for the ground which used to comprise the cricket ground. The map shows the area. Map from planning app.

It's interesting that the owners of the hare and hounds had a very similar planning application in a few years back.

I wonder what will become of the pub site if it's not included in this new application?

It's interesting that the owners of the hare and hounds had a very similar planning application in a few years back.

I wonder what will become of the pub site if it's not included in this new application?

The latest rumour is that they want to build some retirement properties on the site but there's been no application submitted yet.