Is it time for United to off-load Billy Sharp?

Before people jump in, this is a serious post.

Do Unitedites feel that to move ahead and prosper next season they should get rid of this seasons top scorer?

We all know he is a good striker at League 1 level but he has struggled in the championship at Leeds, Forest and Reading (and he is now 3 years older) For the good of the club (and player) do you think it would be beneficial for United to off-load? (you may even get a transfer fee)

As Billy is a bit of a home bird (as most of his clubs have been an hour from Sheffield) maybe it would be a good move for him to sign for Rotherham or return back to Donny or Scunny. The money received may be put to the signing of Evans or another decent striker who knows the league, has experience in it and can thrive in United's attacking system.

In short... No, because I genuinely think he'll do well next season. Don't get me wrong, we'll need to bolster the attacking line, but Billy could get around 15 goals next season.

His age won't be an issue, if anything he'll be better than his other previous experiences in the championship.

30 goals this season, 15 next.

I think he's better than Winnall too so that says alot.

He's worth a season,what's Winnall got to do with it?

In short... No, because I genuinely think he'll do well next season. Don't get me wrong, we'll need to bolster the attacking line, but Billy could get around 15 goals next season.

His age won't be an issue, if anything he'll be better than his other previous experiences in the championship.

30 goals this season, 15 next.

I think he's better than Winnall too so that says alot.

Winnall is a different sort of striker (a good one for the championship and still to get his chance) Sharp has still got a good footballing brain but his lack of pace may be his down fall.

He's worth a season,what's Winnall got to do with it?

Winnall is a different sort of striker (a good one for the championship and still to get his chance) Sharp has still got a good footballing brain but his lack of pace may be his down fall.

Just highlighting that he's better than him, so certainly keep Sharp. As for his lack of pace, his experience and footballing brain will able him to more than cope.

Just highlighting that he's better than him, so certainly keep Sharp. As for his lack of pace, his experience and footballing brain will able him to more than cope.

Winnalls cut it in the championship so why is Sharpe better.

He will get around 10 goals in the Championship, so I reckon worth keeping.

I didn't expect him to do this well in League 1 considering his age and his previous spells with us.

Winnalls cut it in the championship so why is Sharpe better.

Why is he not?

Just opinions.

Well done Billy, you helped us get 100 points

Go to the job centre on Monday

Why is he not?

Just opinions.

Winnall scored over 40 goals in 108 games,don't reckon Sharpe has matched that in the championship.

Edited by ukdobby

Winnall scored over 40 goals in 108 games,don't reckon Sharpe has matched that in the championship.

I think Sharps goals average is better than Winnall's during the time he played for Donny, Southampton and Forrest, all in the Championship.

When he was at Donny (championship) he scored 40 goals in 82 appearances... which is better than Winnall.

So that's why he's better than Winnall.

His career stats are also 479/202 goals... which isn't bad too.

Edited by WOSITS NAME

I think Sharps goals average is better than Winnall's during the time he played for Donny, Southampton and Forrest, all in the Championship.

When he was at Donny (championship) he scored 40 goals in 82 appearances... which is better than Winnall.

So that's why he's better than Winnall.

His career stats are also 479/202 goals... which isn't bad too.

Like you say opinions.