Ched Evans back for the Blades?

As Ched Evans appears to be close to signing for the Blades again & is totally innocent does it mean we can talk about him on here again please?

Since previous threads, posted today, decended into the usual he's innocent/guilty/should/should not be playing due to it, they were removed.

Should this thread go the same way, it will be removed.

Edited by Groose

Sky sports have it that we are in talks.

Bit of a strange one if you ask me.

Of course the front line needs improving for next year, but he brings a lot of baggage with him, even with his conviction being quashed.

Also, a strange time for it to happen before the last game of the season against of course his team chesterfield

Thank you Alison.

I have only just logged in & did not see the other threads so lets hope that does not happen & people stick to the facts.

If he was on a free with realistic wages then yes. If he's signing for £500k then certainly unsure about this. Its a surprise though and would have thought wilder would have not gone down that road.

Guest sibon
Since previous threads, posted today, decended into the usual he's innocent/guilty/should/should not be playing due to it they were removed.

Should this thread go the same way, it will be removed.

I'll try, although I've had the same post deleted twice this evening. I must also say that I've not noticed anything untoward in the deleted threads.

Anyway. I'm quite surprised that United have done this. In footballing terms, Ched looks to be well past his best. He's not exactly pulled up trees for Chesterfield this year and his record last time that United were in the Championship wasn't anything to write home about. He's not the striker that United need to add to their squad to strengthen enough for the Championship.

He's also got baggage, like it or not. United have just had a storming season. They've had loads of good press and desevedly so. I really don't understand why they would put that at risk to sign Ched Evans.

Why did my thread get deleted?

It just had a poll attached good or bad idea.

It had a warning for people not to be idiots, but it is a Sheffield news story and not just sport. Its on the front pages of the BBC news site.

He is innocent as far as the law goes, but he remains controversial and potentially toxic. that is why its an interesting subject.

I'll try, although I've had the same post deleted twice this evening. I must also say that I've not noticed anything untoward in the deleted threads.

Anyway. I'm quite surprised that United have done this. In footballing terms, Ched looks to be well past his best. He's not exactly pulled up trees for Chesterfield this year and his record last time that United were in the Championship wasn't anything to write home about. He's not the striker that United need to add to their squad to strengthen enough for the Championship.

He's also got baggage, like it or not. United have just had a storming season. They've had loads of good press and desevedly so. I really don't understand why they would put that at risk to sign Ched Evans.

Just what I was thinking. On a freebie then fair enough but seems strange paying a fee for him. They'll of played a blinder if it works out but I would of thought there would be better and easier options out there

Any queries regarding moderation can be taken to the Help desk. Any further comments as such will be removed.

Wasn't good enough for this league last time, cant see he why he will be good enough for the championship this time (he's not exactly pulled up trees in league 1)

Bad news all-round for United, cant see the logic!

well some clubs pay absolute millions in the championship so although I don't agree I also don't disagree.

500k in the championship is peanuts to a club the size of the blades.

extra fans through the turnstiles in the championship will cover that in a few weeks.

Apparently it is actually less than 500k, which sounds about right. 150k maybe some add-ons.

I don't give a toss either way if he signs or not. He will probably be a better option than Hanson will be in the Championship.