Bayern v Arsenal

That game was a shock to me.

The difference in level between the two teams was so wide it was embarrassing.

26 percent possession of the ball is not what Arsenal players are use to.

Sanchez tried hard up front to press their defenders but had no support.

Walcott should have played up front alongside him to stop the Bayern players from walking the ball out of defence with virtually no resistance.

Parking the bus seemed to be the strategy of Arsenal.

Arsenal players short of Iwobi and Sanchez looked completely out of their depth.

Arsenal might be one of the top four in England but on last nights showing they are light years away the cream of European football.

It just shows the position that Arsenal have in European football under the Wenger regime,loads of cash yet they buy loads of rubbish or wait for kids to develop into something world class and they never get there,top clubs dominate for years,Man U under Fergie,Old Liverpool,or Barcelona,Real,Bayern.There's no reason that Arsenal could not be the same,but they have gone nowhere under Wenger for years,last night they were a shambles,but this is the usual for them when they meet a top club at this stage,just fold up.Has to be the last season for Wenger,his time has come and gone and Arsenal will just be overtaken by more teams in England and Europe if he stays.

should do right thing for club and retire surely doesnt need pay of money

they have kept him all this time because he always makes champion league every season

and that brings in the money but just getting there every season and doing nothing in it isnt good enough

It just shows the position that Arsenal have in European football under the Wenger regime,loads of cash yet they buy loads of rubbish or wait for kids to develop into something world class and they never get there,top clubs dominate for years,Man U under Fergie,Old Liverpool,or Barcelona,Real,Bayern.There's no reason that Arsenal could not be the same,but they have gone nowhere under Wenger for years,last night they were a shambles,but this is the usual for them when they meet a top club at this stage,just fold up.Has to be the last season for Wenger,his time has come and gone and Arsenal will just be overtaken by more teams in England and Europe if he stays.

You're right - they've gone nowhere for years. Man Utd haven't - they've dropped out of the top 4 for a while, as have Liverpool - even Chelsea for a season (but they'll win the league this season). But arsenal, top 4 every season - heck, somehow they were runners up last year, and more often than not knock out stages of the champions league. All with minimal spending. The owners will look around and stick rather than twist. Sanchez will be gone by the start of next season but despite the BBC witch hunt I heard last night on 5live, I've a feeling wenger will still be there.

They are lacking in Silverware but both of our Sheffield Teams would be over the moon

if they were in the same position.

Just dreams for us.

wenger's situation is definitely not an easy one. considering he always manages to finish 4th or thereabouts and qualify arsenal for the multi million pound cl competition ... that means there are 3 positions above in which to improve into, and 16 positions below into which they could fall (pl only) if they were to make a managerial change.

i had more understanding and patience with the situation during the years they were paying the new stadium off ... but things don't seem to have changed at all now that period is done.

You're right - they've gone nowhere for years. Man Utd haven't - they've dropped out of the top 4 for a while, as have Liverpool - even Chelsea for a season (but they'll win the league this season). But arsenal, top 4 every season - heck, somehow they were runners up last year, and more often than not knock out stages of the champions league. All with minimal spending. The owners will look around and stick rather than twist. Sanchez will be gone by the start of next season but despite the BBC witch hunt I heard last night on 5live, I've a feeling wenger will still be there.

The thing is though,by spending some serious money and bringing in some class players,they could have done so much more,instead they bring in mostly what are little more than average players,the class ones can't keep carrying the average ones all the time.They should have built on the Henry/Pires years,that is the art and yardstick of running any club,especially one the size and potential of Arsenal,replacing class with class players,recruitment,team building.

EC qualification for top 4 masks failure,managers can point to it and claim they haven't failed,but Arsenal and their fans want champions,and Wenger is not looking like doing that anytime soon.

That game was a shock to me.

Not to me. Bayern whacked Arsenal by the same score in Munich last season (?), and it's not like Arsenal have got much better. They were always going to lose and when Koscielny went off they just dropped to bits.

Bayern just have a better side. Lewandowski, Thiago Silva, Robben, Douglas Costa, Lahm etc. How many players from the Arsenal side would get into the Bayern team?

In terms of bringing money in in difficult circumstances (Arsenal had to pay for a brand new stadium, it must have affected their ability to recruit) Wenger has done brilliantly but if they want to make the step up to Bayern's level they need virtually a new team.

You can't really blame Arsene Wenger.

Bayern simply have much better players.

Spending that 30 odd million on Xhaha ( spelling) was a huge waste.

He doesn't look much better than a decent pub player to me.

Never seen him play a really good game against the better teams in the EPL

Bellerin is extraordinary quick but I'm far from convinced about his ability to play football.

Arsenal missed the skills of Ramsay last night.