Park Square Roundabout - difficult to navigate?

What is it with this roundabout and people being in the wrong lane on a fairly regular basis?

The lanes are marked as to which goes where and even if you are new to Sheffield, you must have some idea of where you are heading?

Again today, ive had a near miss by some idiot in a VW car. I was coming down the parkway and was in the third lane marked 'City and Ponds Forge' the woman was in the lane to the left of me marked 'A61S'. I followed my lane still marked 'City and Ponds Forge' on to the roundabout and the car on my left cut across the back of me and then had the nerve to give me hand signals and sound her horn!

I doubt she will be reading this but if by chance you are, maybe you need to go the same route and look at the lane markings and I guarantee, YOU were in the wrong lane, not me. And if youre still not convinced, let me know and ill send you the dashcam footage to prove which lane you were in before entering the roundabout.

But back to the subject of the thread - is it really that difficult to get around?

I know it's a bit further back but the one I really detest is the turn off the dual carriageway to Prince of Wales road coming into the city where you have to cross two lanes just to stay on the same road. Never had a problem on Park Square though.

It is the perfect roundabout. Except for the traffic lights.

The lanes work if you are in the correct lane to begin with. The lanes are clearly signed.

It's even better when the lights are broken. Everything flows much more smoothly and you dont have to wait for non-existent buses not coming down Duke Street.

It's not just PS, this roundabout and these road markings

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Beighton+Rd,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire/@53.3538389,-1.3024262,3a,75y,228.66h,68.09t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1suu8gwyyUIdkQjIRDbWxVxg!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Duu8gwyyUIdkQjIRDbWxVxg%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D253.01157%26pitch%3D0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x48799dbca0b13655:0x399567d014f9b598

Confused some guy yesterday evening.

He didn't seem very happy at my horn and flashing lights, as he used the left hand (turn left) lane, and went straight on...

Fortunately I'd already clocked him as incompetent and hung back a little bit instead of going alongside. Otherwise we'd have had a bit of a problem at the exit.

Confused some guy yesterday evening.

He didn't seem very happy at my horn and flashing lights, as he used the left hand (turn left) lane, and went straight on...

Fortunately I'd already clocked him as incompetent and hung back a little bit instead of going alongside. Otherwise we'd have had a bit of a problem at the exit.

He never did! :rant:

What a knob!! :hihi:

It's difficult to get around because of nitwits. No other reason.

Its easy, the added entertainment of watching drivers who think the white lines on the road are for decoration is just a bonus.

Maybe they think they get extra points the more lanes they go through.

Its usually the same driver who nips thru on red.

Had a really bad experience on the roundabout it must ten years ago now and never driven on it since it scares me to death :roll:

It is the perfect roundabout. Except for the traffic lights.

The lanes work if you are in the correct lane to begin with. The lanes are clearly signed.

It's even better when the lights are broken. Everything flows much more smoothly and you dont have to wait for non-existent buses not coming down Duke Street.

That is true about the lights. I remember when the lights were first installed. The delay it caused, before that no problem, and as you say no problem now when the lights are broken.

I've always found it very easy, but I have seen people cutting from the most left lane to the most right lane on the roundabout itself.

University Square roundabout is a nightmare! I've lost count of how many times I've nearly been hit on there.