Emmerdale,it's getting dafter.

Can't really believe the story lines in Emmerdale now.We have Chas sleepwalking and knifing Diane, then going barmy.Ashley losing his marbles,Eric Pollard going crackers, and that numpty Paddy having an affair.That is unbelievable.Can't the writers think of anything better?

I totally agree its just getting worse as are all the soaps . I used to look forward to the soaps but not any more the story lines are so far fetched and drawn out . Really fed up with the whole lot of em . Dread to think what Christmas will bring with them :roll:

Not just Emmerdale all the soaps these days are poor really bad stupid stories. 10 years ago they were far better :cool::suspect:

Not just Emmerdale all the soaps these days are poor really bad stupid stories. 10 years ago they were far better :cool::suspect:

When you visit Soapland you must surely realise that you are entering a parallel universe where anything absurd and outlandish is not only possible but extremely likely to happen. I stopped watching Eastenders, with its unmitigating gloom and lowlife characters and Coronation Street, with Gail and her loathsome son many years ago but I still watch Emmerdale with a mixture of annoyance and affection. I really don't think the storylines are dafter now they ever were. Many years ago I used to watch the fabulous "Sunset Beach" now those really were the best soap days ☺️

When you visit Soapland you must surely realise that you are entering a parallel universe where anything absurd and outlandish is not only possible but extremely likely to happen. I stopped watching Eastenders, with its unmitigating gloom and lowlife characters and Coronation Street, with Gail and her loathsome son many years ago but I still watch Emmerdale with a mixture of annoyance and affection. I really don't think the storylines are dafter now they ever were. Many years ago I used to watch the fabulous "Sunset Beach" now those really were the best soap days ☺️

And why not bring back Elderado, Albion Market and Crossroads and my telly will be going on a journey through the window. :gag:

And why not bring back Elderado, Albion Market and Crossroads and my telly will be going on a journey through the window. :gag:

I never watch them, I decided that there is a limit to the trash that my brain and sense of humour should be subjected to and those and many others were way too much for me, although I do remember quite liking The Newcomers :love::)

While most of it is unbelievable and silly, I don't think dementia can be classed as losing your marbles

Dementia is something a lot of us will identify with. I hope it's done sensitively.

I do think Emmerdale stretch our patience with the medical stoylines ar the moment we have to "worry" about PTSD, cancer, alcoholism, drug dependancy, mental disorders of varying types, depression caused by grief, erectile disfunction to name but a few and all this is a tiny weeny village, oh the joys of Soapland :rolleyes::)