Best vegetarian restaurant in Sheffield?

Its my girlfriends birthday soon and I have been looking for a restaurant that does good vege food in Sheffield, as she is vege. I am after a restaurant rather than a cafe feel and have seen a few online but wondered if anyone can suggest any gems out there....?

Im not after budget food but a nice atmosphere and good food...any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

I don't know if the Bohemian on Chesterfield Rd. fits the bill in terms of being a restaurant rather than a cafe, but it does excellent vegetarian food.

Another possibility would be Platillos in Leopold Square which has oodles of vegetarian options.

Aagrah - also in Leopold Square - has a fantastic range of meat-free options as does The Walnut Club (if you feel like really spoiling her) on Ecclesall Road

Honestly, I think you're better off taking her to a good restaurant that does the cuisine she likes but with several veggie options (so she can choose) than going for an actual veggie restaurant. There aren't many around and they tend to be bohemian/hippie places when what you want is some waiter you can order around to impress your lady :twisted:

The blue moon cafe is great, food wise but is a bit cafe-like

I'm a veggie and I love The Walnut Club, great atmosphere and food to die for .. apart from menu they usually have a veggie special on too, so she should have enough to choose from, and she should feel suitably spoiled!

I can reiterate...Blue Moon Cafe does yummy lunches.

Thanks for the replies-I appreciate it. I was thinking the Walnut Club but wanted to check-hope I dont find out you work there!

Cheers

Tom

Its my girlfriends birthday soon and I have been looking for a restaurant that does good vege food in Sheffield, as she is vege. I am after a restaurant rather than a cafe feel and have seen a few online but wondered if anyone can suggest any gems out there....?

Im not after budget food but a nice atmosphere and good food...any suggestions welcome!

Cheers

hi there!

we are cafe by day, restaurant by night, its bring your own and we have been voted as one of Sheffield's top places by Martin Dawes(the star) we can accommodate parties so feel free to pop round and have a chat and look around.:)

we at 53 chesterfield rd 01142557797

Edited by BOHEMIAN
missed info.

We recently had a very decent meal at the Milestone gastro pub. It had vegetarian options, and they were willing to alter recipes to suit individual requirements.

http://www.the-milestone.co.uk/restaurant.asp There is a sample menu on the site.

We went with some vouchers from the Sunday Times which gave us bogof :) There is also a happy hour menu at £12 per person from 5-7pm I think it was. Worth investigating.

Yes, I really like the Blue Moon - I go there a lot. I'd also recommend "Homemade", a new wholefood restaurant on Nether Edge Road. They open lunchtimes (closed Sunday and Monday) and Friday evenings, and can open on most other evenings for pre-booked parties.

I think their menu is completely vegetarian at lunchtimes, but when they open on Friday evenings they also offer one fish and one meat or chicken dish. They're not licensed but you can bring your own wine.

You may like to take a look at their website at homemade (hyphen)sheffield (dot) co (dot) uk (Sorry I'm not allowed to key it in the ordinary way until I've made at least five postings on the Forum.)

Kum Quat Mae used to be the best imho but it`s closed down so i`d opt for The Bohemian. It`s friendly and serves up some imaginative, tasty veggie food. :)

You colud try a tapas place, La Tasca on Ecclesall Road is really nice. Theres loads of vegie options, and theres a 50% off food voucher on the telegraph website aswell. Im vegetarian, and its one of my favourate places! Also, Wagamama in Leopold square is really nice.