Doctor Who 2015 Series Discussion

So, who watched the first episode of the new who series? I have to say I am actually impressed at this! Was the best episode I've seen in a while.

All I know is that even the Doctor uses a Fender Mustang 3 amplifier...

Stopped watching it before the end of the last series as I cant stand the new doctor.

Noticed today also that the BBC basically have said it bombed with its ratings noticeably down.

So, who watched the first episode of the new who series? I have to say I am actually impressed at this! Was the best episode I've seen in a while.

I watched it.

Daleks, Yawn! I was also a bit creeped out that the Master is or rather was (until time travel magic makes him/her live again) now a bird? I mean, whats all that about?

Personally didn't enjoy the first episode of the 2015 new series, still getting used to the style of this new Doctor, hopefully will warm to him in time.

I thought it was, on the whole, rather good, the tank and guitar thing was a little silly but its basically a kids program so you expect that sort of thing.

the handmines were exceptionally creepy and, of course, who wouldn't try and rescue a child stuck in the middle of them... until the child said his name was Davros....

Edited by andyofborg

Thoughts on tonight's episode?

I like how Mercy from a Riversong episode now makes sense. Some of the scenes were far too emotional, of course we knew what was coming with Davros.

Gomez plays a brilliant master/missy.

Was the best episode I've seen in a while.

Compared to trash like "Kill the Moon" and "Death in Heaven", I would agree.

Thoughts on tonight's episode?

I like how Mercy from a Riversong episode now makes sense. Some of the scenes were far too emotional, of course we knew what was coming with Davros.

Gomez plays a brilliant master/missy.

indeed Gomez has been fantastic - I'm not sure I'd have stuck it out otherwise. The writers have decided to give the doctor a midlife crisis - the guitar, sunglasses and that flippin bouffant hair he's got, the whole "dude" thing - but it's not very funny.

I think they have missed a trick with Michelle Gomez as Missy.

I think she would make an exellent Doctor Who,just the right mix of flippant and serious and very quirky, i like her as Missy but imagine her as The Doctor and on our side! She would be fantastic.

Peter Capaldi still reminds me too much of Peter Cushing playing the Doctor in that mid-60s film Daleks Invasion Earth. I'm beginning to think I'm just not going to get used to him in the role.

So are all the new DWs going to be two-parters? Are they returning to the formula of longer stories?