Which television programmes would you like to see return?

Apologies if there is already a thread on this (no similar threads came up).

I've just been watching some old Tomorrows World programmes and they were truly inspirational. I never really appreciated how innovative they were when I watched them as a youngster.

It's so sad that a whole generation of young people are going to be deprived of educational and forward thinking programmes such as this.

Are there any other programmes that you think should be brought back that are inspirational and represent the best in broadcasting?

I'm not arguing against trash and guilty pleasures (I love Prisoner Cell Block H & Wentworth Prison :cool:), but trash has to be balanced. Don't you think?

theres a whole bunch of documentary channels on sky - there's often something there to watch and you'll learn something. Peanuts grow in the ground - I never knew that.

But kids don't want that. I was watching Big Bang theory today on e4 (which is funny and you do sometimes learn stuff) and had the misfortune to catch adverts for my single life and made in Chelsea. Kids want that.

But there's not much I'd bring back, cut through the dross and TV has never been better.

I'm really into comedies, but when they've tried to bring these back lately, they've not done too well. I'm thinking of the recent remake of Open All Hours... Although David Jason is a Legend, it just didn't seem to work.

I would like to see The Big Break with John Virgo and Jim Davidson make a comeback though

theres a whole bunch of documentary channels on sky - there's often something there to watch and you'll learn something. Peanuts grow in the ground - I never knew that.

But kids don't want that. I was watching Big Bang theory today on e4 (which is funny and you do sometimes learn stuff) and had the misfortune to catch adverts for my single life and made in Chelsea. Kids want that.

But there's not much I'd bring back, cut through the dross and TV has never been better.

Unfortunately the documentary channels have stopped showing documentaries, all they're interested in is reality TV shows like Ice Truckers, Alaskan Bush People, Wheeler Dealers and Airplane Repo.

Unfortunately the documentary channels have stopped showing documentaries, all they're interested in is reality TV shows like Ice Truckers, Alaskan Bush People, Wheeler Dealers and Airplane Repo.

Oh yeah, sadly there's lots of crap on the too. They even put shows on like Vikings, and not forgetting ancient aliens. There's a decent pbs channel on there though that still goes into a bit of depth.

Friends ! Best 4 ever

...I was watching Big Bang theory today on e4 (which is funny and you do sometimes learn stuff...

'Big Bang Theory' is the current 'Friends', in terms of ubiquity at least, and I, for one, find it much funnier and far more engaging.

I'd like to see the return of 'Armchair Theatre'. Short, low budget, contemporary plays, written by new writers.

The testcard

'Big Bang Theory' is the current 'Friends', in terms of ubiquity at least, and I, for one, find it much funnier and far more engaging.

I'd like to see the return of 'Armchair Theatre'. Short, low budget, contemporary plays, written by new writers.

Indeed Play for Today and the Wednesday Play produced some memorable television.

Mongrels

Spitting Image - think of the material they've got to work on!

Mongrels

Spitting Image - think of the material they've got to work on!

Yes to spitting image that was brilliant. They've had a couple of goes remaking stuff like it and it's been awful. Dead ringers on radio 4 is the closest thing I've found.

Yes to spitting image that was brilliant. They've had a couple of goes remaking stuff like it and it's been awful. Dead ringers on radio 4 is the closest thing I've found.

I think Dead Ringers shot its bolt long ago. Now it's just recognition humour and repetition of catchphrases, not even impersonations. Thing about Spitting Image is the scripts were actually quite bad, but the puppets looked great and did a lot of the work because of that. If you put a decent writer's room to work on it, the sort of people who wrote 'The Thick of It' and 'Mongrels', a new Spitting Image could tear limbs off their targets.