Only 38% have any trust in our police

Our leaders have lost trust in the powers of their people

We Need to Trust Our Youth, Not Call Them "Feral"

Please trust the NHS as they are fantastic

Fewer than half of NHS workers trust their own hospital

I trust the NHS

Have you lost trust in the NHS?

Parents 'trust the exam system'

How many parents have absolute trust that the teachers protect your children?

But nothing will change until parents can trust that educators are professionals.

Teachers in this school trust the integrity of their colleagues.

We ask that teachers trust our service

Create a wall chart to illustrate the people we trust every day, such as doctors, firefighters, teachers and parents.

I trust that the scientific method is the best way to get closer to the Truth.

I don’t have much trust in our MPs judgement

I have complete trust in our government,” said Air Force Staff Sgt.

Have you noticed the pattern, faith is to trust something or someone, and I had faith that the school would teach my kids and my kids had faith that what they were being taught was correct. I didn't critically analyse anything I just trusted the school to do good job, I had faith in them.

I notice the pattern that people are using faith (a more emotive term) when the word trust will do just as well if not better as there is a way of establishing trust and valuating it which is not the same with faith.

People do the same thing with science; they use the word theory when they actually mean hypothesis and so the equivocations and confusion begin. You've done the same thing throughout this thread.

Once again I've adjusted your post so it reads more accurately.

Exactly you don't look at data you just rely on your own unique ability to critically think an answer that suits you.

The data is clearly sujective and I've adjusted it accordingly so it fits better with most people's metaphysical state of mind which is precisely why I goaded you into providing some 'evidence' to back up your assertions but, once again you've failed miserably.

Interesting theory, but have you any reason to believe its a slug rather than an elephant or mongoose?

Merely using the logic you proposed in your post #1579.

Nobody is able to disprove the slug hypothesis, so slug it is ... giant and purple too. Although it should be noted that The Slug (pbuh) is merely the creative force used by The Red Cube.

Idolatry is of course forbidden, as any decent religion dictates, and anybody found drawing a picture of a slug will be put to death. The fact that we put slime on our heads, walk slowly, cannot eat salt, and name our children after The Slug, is not idolatry at all I tell you ... merely showing respect.

Elephant or mongoose indeed, how stupid do you think we are? Honestly. :roll:

...The Slug (pbuh) ...

"Praise Be Unto It" surely ?

Slugs are hermaphrodites, him and her don't really apply.

once again you've failed miserably.

I'm just trying to work out who is the most patronising between you and Mr Smith. :hihi:

I notice the pattern that people are using faith (a more emotive term) when the word trust will do just as well if not better as there is a way of establishing trust and valuating it which is not the same with faith.

People do the same thing with science; they use the word theory when they actually mean hypothesis and so the equivocations and confusion begin. You've done the same thing throughout this thread.

Once again I've adjusted your post so it reads more accurately.

When people say they have faith in god, what they really mean is that they have faith in what other people say about god.

This is a good reason why religion and state need to be separate.

I've got both faith and trust in the cube, I'm not sure about his enforcer the slug, whom I have to admit makes me feel uneasy. It's almost as if it envies the cube's love for man.

"Praise Be Unto It" surely ?

Slugs are hermaphrodites, him and her don't really apply.

The Red Cube and The Giant Purple Slug (pbuh) are both MEN as you know very well.

How else can we justify our sexism? Now get back in the kitchen!

Oh wait, sorry ... apparently our church has evolved into a more liberal one whilst I wasn't looking and pbuh now stands for "peace be upon (the) hermaphrodite".

:)

I'm just trying to work out who is the most patronising between you and Mr Smith. :hihi:

Oh definitely me darlin'!:D

Oh definitely me darlin'!

I find my self agreeing with pininsho for once.

I find my self agreeing with pininsho for once.

There's always a first time for everything.;)

Snowbird

There was evidence of a flood, it was sadly not of 'Biblical proportions' though, it was, if you consider the size of the earth, a bit rubbish. I'll post details later if you're interested (unless someone beats me to it) I'm a bit busy just now.

I'm still quite busy so haven't got time to go searching for links but there will be plenty of them (I'm sure) if you'd care to have a look.

From what I recall from memory somewhere in the region of 7-8000 years ago a region near the black sea suffered a catastrophic flood due to melt waters from the retreat of a glacial ice sheet.

This is believed to have formed the basis of the Biblical flood (which itself is believed to be taken from the Gilgamesh epic, which was based on earlier poems from Sumeria)

This wasn't the only 'flood' of it's kind, around 10,000 years ago the Great lakes (on the Canada/US border) were formed in a similar fashion but both of these events were separate, isolated floods, not a world wide deluge that killed everything.

Regarding your ascertion that evidence of Biblical cities were real, that may be so but that in itself doesn't prove that everything in the Bible is true.

The Qur'an, the Upanishads and the Tripitaka also containg places that existed but to suggest this in itself proves that all the stories contained in them were true is a little bit of a stretch.

To put a modern twist on it does that mean that Eastenders is real because it's based in a real City?

I have to go now, sorry for being brief but I'm in a rush.

Google thge black sea flood though, and Gilgamesh, you may be suprised at the similarities in it with the Biblical flood.

Snowbird

I'm still quite busy so haven't got time to go searching for links but there will be plenty of them (I'm sure) if you'd care to have a look.

From what I recall from memory somewhere in the region of 7-8000 years ago a region near the black sea suffered a catastrophic flood due to melt waters from the retreat of a glacial ice sheet.

This is believed to have formed the basis of the Biblical flood (which itself is believed to be taken from the Gilgamesh epic, which was based on earlier poems from Sumeria)

This wasn't the only 'flood' of it's kind, around 10,000 years ago the Great lakes (on the Canada/US border) were formed in a similar fashion but both of these events were separate, isolated floods, not a world wide deluge that killed everything.

Regarding your ascertion that evidence of Biblical cities were real, that may be so but that in itself doesn't prove that everything in the Bible is true.

The Qur'an, the Upanishads and the Tripitaka also containg places that existed but to suggest this in itself proves that all the stories contained in them were true is a little bit of a stretch.

To put a modern twist on it does that mean that Eastenders is real because it's based in a real City?

I have to go now, sorry for being brief but I'm in a rush.

Google thge black sea flood though, and Gilgamesh, you may be suprised at the similarities in it with the Biblical flood.

Amazing that you have time to write all that but not to do a google search to find these which took me a few seconds.:roll:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/02/19/black-sea-flood.html

http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/mesopotamian/gilgamesh/