RIP Joe Cocker 22/12/2014

Edited by Guest

I was in Santa Cruz, Tenerife last week. On rocks on the seafront are painted portraits of scores of famous face one of which was Joe, along with Chopin and Mussolini, Sinatra, Dean Martin. Wish I'd had my camera with me.

Mussolini was not famous in any way, shape or form. He was hanged upside down in public by his own countrymen, along with his wife. You do not need a picture of that horrible man in your album.

Mussolini was not famous in any way, shape or form. He was hanged upside down in public by his own countrymen, along with his wife. You do not need a picture of that horrible man in your album.

Totally agree.

But back to Joe, the boy done good:

Totally agree.

But back to Joe, the boy done good:

........not bad for a lad from Tasker Rd Crookes eh!

his new grave plaque has been done now by his wife ,very plain very simple

Unchain my heart. That's my favourite a brilliant piece of soul/rock. And for such great tracks as You are so Beautiful (eclipsed only be Marge Simpson, only kidding) and You can leave your hat on (miles better than Tom Jones) and the best version of With a little help from my friends I have ever heard. We have lost a true great, a real working class hero.

has radio sheffield done any thing today as tribute

He was a one off and a style all of his own.I remember walking in to the Old Blue Bell in Hackenthorpe on a Sat night and he was on stage and I was smitten with his performance It was in the late sixties and I can remember it as if it was last week because of the effect it had on me.Before that night I had never heard of him ,a few months after all the world knew him.Brilliant.

Joe Cocker's new house (post 105) will never surpass the memories of his mam and dads terrace on Tasker Road at Crookes , I wonder if the powers that be will put a blue plaque on its front to recognize its importance as Joe is the greatest stage artist to ever be out of this City ,and one that was loved World wide . Thanks for the memories Joe.