Sky diver above intake

Sky diver's wouldn't jump out over sheffield. And they wouldn't be going round in circles. think it was a paraglider.

He was just floating in circles. Kept coming back on him self, so yes the chute was open.

Thats not a sky diver then. I sky diver free falls and opens his chute at the very end.

Well to me it looked like someone with a parachute. Could see the person well, with a parachute or what ever you want to all it above him. The man and parachute had space between them which made me think it was that.

All skydivers have to pass a level of competency in order to jump on their own.

Once they are qualified they then have to do a practice run prior to every jumps session.

Local weather forecast are checked throughout the day by the jump school and bearing in mind that any failure to check out the weather prior to flights is their failure and responsibility.

I don't see it not being safe for the diver or he would not have been allowed to jump.

Just curious, what is a "practice run"? Not an actual jump right? That would lead to an infinite loop, I think.

Just curious, what is a "practice run"? Not an actual jump right? That would lead to an infinite loop, I think.

I see what you mean but no. Although all frefallers have to undertake training and complete a certain amount of jumps in order to qualify, on arrival at the beginning of a jumps session weather it is a place where they completed their training or another company they must show their licence and go through the dry drills in a classroom.

The drills include the exit from the plane, the free fall, the canopy opening drills ( canopy not opening drills!), how to deal with certain malfunctions, landing drill etc.

These are completed by everyone no matter their experience.

I undertook an AFF ( Accelerated Freefall course ) last year as part of my bucket list in order to throw myself out of a plane without being attached to another diver.

I can recommend this to anyone with a sense of adventure/death wish :)

Thats not a sky diver then. I sky diver free falls and opens his chute at the very end.
If they open the chute at the very end, that may be a bit late :hihi:

Funny way to get to the pub