Free Comedy Book!

Hi

A bit of shameless promotion, but I'm hoping you can help a fellow citizen of Sheffield.

I've written a comedy novel that's available on amazon called Michael McNulty's Annus Horribilis (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZNPQ1LY?*Version*=1&*entries*=0) and currently, it's available for free! The story charts the misfortunes of the main character as he re-establishes his life following his return to Sheffield. It's basically a series of funny scrapes and scenarios he finds himself in that's an easy and enjoyable read if you are in to comedy. I'd say it's target audience would be men, 16+ but I'd appreciate any support and feedback.

It's really difficult to get a book moving in this day and age, so I'd be really grateful if you could help a local debut novelist out by downloading the book (for free) please to help get it jumping up the charts and more noticeable. I genuinely think many of you will enjoy it and find it funny, so you get something in return! If you feel generous enough to also leave a positive review, that would also really help it get a bit of attention and further promotion. If I can get enough free downloads this weekend and a few reviews, the local press may be willing to support with some promotion or similar with it being a local author and set in Sheffield.

If you are in to reading or comedy and would be interested in helping me out by downloading the book for free this weekend, please fill your boots and you can have it in time to take on holiday this summer and enjoy.

Thanks in advance and again, apologies for asking for this on here, but I'm hoping with it being a freebie I can get away with it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZNPQ1LY?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

---------- Post added 30-06-2015 at 09:14 ----------

Thanks to those who downloaded my book after the above promotion. I didn't want to do a hit and run, so wanted to come back and say there was a definite jump in downloads after posting on here, so many thanks to all who helped.

Hi

Thanks to everyone who grabbed a copy during the last promotion, there was definite spike in downloads after promoting on here last time. So thanks to my fellow Sheffield folk for your support.

The book is available again for free until Monday at the below address. Please feel free to fill your boots and any support is really appreciated. If you enjoy the freebie, please leave a nice review!

Thanks again all

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-McNultys-Horribilis-Philip-Jenkins-ebook/dp/B00ZNPQ1LY

---------- Post added 11-07-2015 at 09:38 ----------

Amazon UK link below and a number of reviews on this one compared to the main amazon US site

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-McNultys-Horribilis-Philip-Jenkins-ebook/dp/B00ZNPQ1LY

Enjoying it so far. Thanks for this.

Enjoying it so far. Thanks for this.

Really glad to hear that, thanks for giving it a go! Much appreciated

---------- Post added 13-07-2015 at 17:40 ----------

Still free for the next 12 hours or so if anyone wants to help me out and grab a bargain!

Thanks for all the support

I really enjoyed this and laughed out loud on a few occasions - which is about the same reaction I had to Bill Bryson - cos I am a very harsh critic! I'm not a 'reader' normally. If you would like a bit more detailed feedback - as you did give me your work to enjoy for free - then feel free to pm me.

I really enjoyed this and laughed out loud on a few occasions - which is about the same reaction I had to Bill Bryson - cos I am a very harsh critic! I'm not a 'reader' normally. If you would like a bit more detailed feedback - as you did give me your work to enjoy for free - then feel free to pm me.

Thanks Hesther, I'll definitely send you a PM to get some further thoughts

Amazon are doing a promotional weekend again so the book is free once more to anyone and everyone.

Sheffield based book from a Sheffield based author! Please feel free to download a copy and if you enjoy it, leave a review as everything helps!

Thanks all for the continued support