What is the best non-yellowing white gloss paint?

I painted some skirting boards and picture rails with Crown brilliant white gloss paint a few years ago, within a year or two they had significant yellowing, despite the claims on the tin which stated it was non-yellowing. What is the best paint brand to resist this yellowing?

I painted some skirting boards and picture rails with Crown brilliant white gloss paint a few years ago, within a year or two they had significant yellowing, despite the claims on the tin which stated it was non-yellowing. What is the best paint brand to resist this yellowing?

Hmmm, Crown is up there with Dulux as a top brand. Maybe yellowing only happens with gloss because a couple of years ago I panted my skirting boards, door frames and stair case hand rail with a satinwood finish paint, and there is absolutely no yellowing.

I'm not sure that any really do stay gleaming white for any real length of time. Just do what my granny used to do and give them a wipe down with very watered down bleach once a year or so. That does the trick :)

do you smoke?

Only when I'm in the pub with Phil!;)

B&Q Colours Everywhere paint stays white, no yellowing at all. Highly recommended.

I just wonder how long you expect it to remain pristine white! You say a few years ago. If it's regularly cleaned properly, it will last a few years, but not forever, despite what the tin says. How many people can honestly say they clean their skirting boards regularly? The odd wipe down maybe, but not a 'proper' clean.

I always use Dulux paint. But I also redecorate every 'few years'.

I did read it was something to do with removing additives Dulux as well ( EU strikes again? )

supposed to be sorted now with recent paints.

Dacrylate factory outlet on Firmry Rd opposite Tescos,about £12 plus VAT for 2500ml

Satin woods better. It doesn't go yellow. Tried a few different glosses. Dulux professional gloss is good but still.goes abit on yellow side

I normally add two quarts of Lidi bleach.