Looking for a Self Defence Teacher

to teach a middle aged person self defence in pupils own home.anyone knowof anyone?? must have relevant qualifications

Hiya.

2 bits of information that I hope might help:

1) Certainly Mr Greham Churchill who runs several Tae Kwon Do clubs in and around the sheffield and doncaster area runs private self defence courses for small groups and I believe that he also offers 1-on-1 teaching. IMNSHO Mr C is a true professional when it comes to teaching of self defence and the Tae Kwon Do. There are TKD classes on saturday at crosspool 11:30am - 12:30pm (the CDYST building), monday 5.00pm until about 8pm for kids / beginners / seniors at ecclesall parish hall just off ringinglow road and wednesday evening in a church hall off dobbin hill. It's probably best to just show up for a chat to see what kind of thing goes on :)

2) Do you really want tuition at home? I know that just turning up to that first MA lesson seems like the biggest leap in the world, and it can seem quite scary at first, but there are HUGE benefits from gathering your courage and attending a regular class.. Lots of different people to train with... all different shapes, sizes and ability levels, and most in the same situation of trying to master a difficult skill and improve their self confidence. Not only that, but private lessons can be expensive, and if there is 1 secret to self defence, it's practice, practice, practice (And running away ;) having people around you who are learning as well can help push you along and keep you going when you feel like you aren't making progress.

Anyhoo.. hope that helps, good look finding someone to teach you, whatever style that is. Remember that everyone has to be a beginner once (Quite a few people never seem to loose that feeling of always being a beginner ;) ) and there are loads of people who would like train with you down the local club.

I train at Pilsung Taekwodo clubs in and around sheffield, I have been going for around 3 years now and i'm taking my black belt grading in march. If you can travel to any of these clubs I would avise you to as there are many black belts at these clubs who are more than happy to help you out as well as the instructors. For more info on any of the Pilsung clubs vist the Pilsung Website or just come down to any training sessions and talk to any instructors about starting Taekwondo.

Hi, Dawn,

You need to ask youself what is your objective of learning self-defence before you make correct choice. Is it

1) a get out course? meaning you run away as soon as you hit the attacker or

2) A combat course? meaning you will be able to defend and to beat your attacker.

Secondly, you need to ask yourself which martial arts is more economical and effective before you start practising.

If you want to know more, perhaps you email me.

sleepingcat