Sheffield Wednesday v Reading 17/03/17

What will the Owls do tonight?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Owls do tonight?

• Win (of course)
    • Draw (not great)
    • Lose (terrible)

I’m not one for calling early or mid-season games must wins but now we are at the business end of the season this game is a must win, Saturdays results were not good with Fulham hitting form at the right time, it may now be a two horse race between us and Reading for the last play off spot. I honestly think that if we lose this one the play-offs will be beyond our reach with Fulham having the momentum and the other 5+ points above us with few games left. Reading are probably in similar form to us at the moment so it’s a tough call, hopefully a big crowd will get behind them and see us over the line, lets just hope that some of the key players are back from injury.

?-?

Should be a repeat of the Norwich game,Reading looked a poor team against Preston and were run ragged by 2 players who cost peanuts,one fresh out of league 2 and the other out of the Irish league.

Should be a repeat of the Norwich game,Reading looked a poor team against Preston and were run ragged by 2 players who cost peanuts,one fresh out of league 2 and the other out of the Irish league.

I don't think Reading would have got where they are by being a poor team but I agree they haven't looked good of late, then again we have been patchy as well, if injuries are not to severe I think we'll beat them but the CB positions are a worry.

If someone had said that at the most important stage of the season,we would go into games without Tom Lees,Kieron Lee,Sam Hutchinson,Gary Hooper and Fernando Forestieri i would think most Wednesdayites would have been very wary of getting any sort of consistency..and its a worry as to how long these players have been out and when they might be available again..

Add to that list Almen Abdi and Callum McManaman and there lies the reason for the inconsistent run of late...

If we can get most of these players fit for the run in,then i think we will finish in the top 6...starting this Friday.

If someone had said that at the most important stage of the season,we would go into games without Tom Lees,Kieron Lee,Sam Hutchinson,Gary Hooper and Fernando Forestieri i would think most Wednesdayites would have been very wary of getting any sort of consistency..and its a worry as to how long these players have been out and when they might be available again..

Add to that list Almen Abdi and Callum McManaman and there lies the reason for the inconsistent run of late...

If we can get most of these players fit for the run in,then i think we will finish in the top 6...starting this Friday.

Absolutely particularly in the cases of Lee, Lees, Hutch and FF.

Be careful though the armchair mob will say we're making excuses :hihi:

All season,Reading have been mostly hammered when they have gone to play away at a decent team,they have beaten only average to poor teams on their travels,so this suggests that they are strong at home and have fundamental flaws in their game everywhere else,Preston would suggest they are getting worse away,not better.John Swift was their only decent player there,Blackett was nightmare at left back,it's a nailed on 3 points.

must win, and with half our number one squad injured :(

All season,Reading have been mostly hammered when they have gone to play away at a decent team,they have beaten only average to poor teams on their travels,so this suggests that they are strong at home and have fundamental flaws in their game everywhere else,Preston would suggest they are getting worse away,not better.John Swift was their only decent player there,Blackett was nightmare at left back,it's a nailed on 3 points.

I hadn't really looked at their results in detail but I have now and yes they have had some very poor results on the road (albeit against teams in form) should be a winnable game for us it depends who's fit.

We should have battered Reading at their place yet lost after being by far the better side. Of all the teams up there I'm surprised that they're still involved, they've failed to impress every time I've seen them this season. They seem to be similar to us in that they're quite cagey and difficult to beat, lacking real attacking flair and grinding out results when they have to. Basically, the sort of set up that we find it so difficult to play against, especially at home.

That said, I didn't expect Huddersfield and Leeds to last the pace either!

We should have battered Reading at their place yet lost after being by far the better side. Of all the teams up there I'm surprised that they're still involved, they've failed to impress every time I've seen them this season. They seem to be similar to us in that they're quite cagey and difficult to beat, lacking real attacking flair and grinding out results when they have to. Basically, the sort of set up that we find it so difficult to play against, especially at home.

That said, I didn't expect Huddersfield and Leeds to last the pace either!

They do look the most vulnerable of the current top 6, Huddersfield have been the real surprise for me this season, yet we've done the double over em.

we will win easy,but I do fear preston and inform Fulham,probably need another season at this level and the secure promotion by winning the league to ensure we are ready for that next step up as I don't want us to come straight down and have unsettled players and everyone wanting them for nothing and with the extra cash expecting us to pay double they are worth,we need to be right and fit for purpose to go the the premier in my opinion.

After last weekend what else can go wrong. It,s a game we need to win and lets get back to some sort of consistency if we are to make the play-off,s. We can,t even rely on anyone doing us a favour even they mess it up. It,s going to be a hard fought win it just has to be.2-1 Owls