Mountain marathon/navigation events training buddy wanted !

mountain marathon/navigation events training buddy wanted !

Anyone keen to get into the offroad running/fell running/longer distance/navigation based events in the Sheffield area. (peak raid / dark & white etc)

Currently trying to improve navigation skills to get into more navigation skill based events but would like to pair up with someone more skilled in the navigation side to do more events try and make it a bit more sociable, fun and safer.

loads of events and fell races around sheffield to practice on for bigger events on the doorstep !

Hey,

Yes I do adventure racing with my other half.

But he is always the map reading one so really want to improve myself.

When was you thinking? Lucy

Hi Lucy - whats coming up soon - I am a little bit behind on events -

I can find:

http://www.explorerevents.co.uk/peak_raid_3_rules/

but next is october ?

http://trailrunningpeaks.co.uk/

next is june 18 ?

but other than that - maybe just common sense and plot a route and try to follow it round as best as poss for practise for free and a fell / trail run as well - bargain 2 for 1 ? local orienteering events also local and cheap if u know any - don't mind driving an hour to some ?

maybe meet town for coffee costa ? and bring a map and have a chat ?

happy enough to fit in with folk - there is also loads of local fell races mostly enter on the day and very cheap and local so not lots of driving/hassle lots of ones for navigating round ?

mobile is 07845509867 - will check my race calender for the now

I have entered the half tour of bradwell / would like to do kinder trog 26 june 16 miles -5£ eod - bargain - I am an honorary yorkshireman I love 5£ races after years of being ripped off doing triathlon and cyling sportives and mtb events - I still have an mtb if u have one and there are mtb navigation events ?

I have a full calender marked with fell races and also road half marathons for fitness training so open to all ideas ...

I sort of lost my running mojo a bit this year so need a challenge and a like minded person to train with, make it a fun sociable challenge ...

Hi

Have a look at the dig deep site.Some of their "recca days" include navigation.

I did the 12.12 the other year and it was good but very hilly!

Unfortunately I got an Achilles injury so that type of training a bit of a no go at present.

http://www.digdeepraces.co.uk/