Fibre Coming to Sheffield Attercliffe Exchange!

Hi peeps,

Thought I'd register and post on here. I myself have been waiting a long time for Attercliffe exchange to get Fibre.If you head over to the BT website "Where and where" and input your details it will say planned area (within 18 months).

Today I'm just on my way home (Darnall) past Attercliffe and there are loads of BT vans. There digging into the roads. This is near the power league area/stanniforth road.

Good news!

Time to upgrade from poor 7mb connection. The day will come when I can download PS4 games within 1-2 hours instead of 11+ hours :P

At moment just using 4GEE Extra (getting about 40-50Mb) but way too pricey!

Hi miahz1986 - I'm on the Attercliffe exchange and like yourself have been waiting ages. If you have a look at the when & where section of the below shown site there is a postcode checker which is more up to date.

http://www.superfastsouthyorkshire.co.uk

7meg? You poor lamb :) Try 3.6 on a good day if the stars align and the wind is from the South :)

Attercliffe is down for an upgrade between Jan and March next year, but maybe BT/Openreach are doing preliminary work now.

Heck, they may even be AHEAD of schedule!

I had a word with one of the guys working there, they're doing work for Business customers only, residents will not get Fibre from Attercliffe Exchange any time before 2017...been told.

Don't believe those chaps working at the side of the road. First half of next year will be more like it according to the site I posted above. I have also heard it's ahead of schedule so might even be sooner. I imagine the work they're doing is to provide Fibre to the Meadowhall exchange which runs off the Attercliffe exchange.

Time will tell though.

Edited by Paddy

Thanks Paddy!

Will add it to my favourites.

gremlin_mick I use to get 12Mbps but due to new house being built next to me within the last 5 years there to many people connected and my speed went down to 7Mbps. At first I thought I had speed fault but when engineer came round said it's due to the fact there is too many people connected to one cabinet and speed sharing or some sort.

MoZaLan Thanks for the update. That just sucks but oh well as long as we getting before 2017. At moment just using EE 4G seems better than my 7Mbps Sky broadband LOL.

Dam EE Osprey I get 59Mbps! If the new Fibre roll out by BT is the 76Mbps or 100Mbps+ I will be happy with that.

Don't get too excited, placed an order for fibre 4 months ago and openreach have barely done a survey !

The BT Openreach site checker has now got Attercliffe down as "Coming Soon" (ie in the next six months)

Its happening!

Well today I have seen BT engineers on Darnall Road and they were stuffing a thin black cable into one of their manholes. I suspect this was fibre optic cable and it's preparation work for the street cabinets. Well that's what I'm hoping!! However nothing on roadworks.org as yet.

---------- Post added 28-09-2015 at 14:29 ----------

Check out the roadworks.org site for Basford Close, Darnall for October the 9th to 15th. Hopefully the first of many in this area!

Edited by Paddy

Fibre cabinets are currently being installed on several streets near me so fingers crossed for super fast speeds very soon!

My cab has received its upgrade orders on roadworks.org this morning.

Prince of Wales Road, outside Davys Social club, so that's Bowden Wood covered by that one and the top left half of Prince up to the Parkway.

Yes, I can see new cabinets all over the place when driving around the S5/S9 area now. 1st quarter of next year it will be enabled maybe?