Sign in to follow this  

Michael Vaughan, England Captain.

Congratulations to Mr Vaughan on being given the captaincy of the full England one day and now Test sides!! I know he was born in Mancfester but has lived in Sheffield most of his life and is a staunch supporter of this city and a huge Owls fan!!

Go on my son and do us all proud!!!:D

If he can handle the media and get them on his side, he will do well as captain. There is nothing worse than seeing a brilliant sportsman being crucified by the media.

Hope he does well :D

Vaughan - they seem a talented family . No mistake.

Frankie never failed to wow the ladies with his swarthy good looks and swirling cane and soft shoe shuffle..Gave them the Moonlight all right did our Frankie. And let's not forget the talented and irrepressible Norman Vaughan who presented the Palladium show on ITV with his memorable catch phrase -which escapes me.Although in later years he revived it in a series of commercials for Roses confectionery.The other Vaughans were really "middle name" celebrities.Wynford Vaughan Thomas the royal radio commentator.And finally that wonderful composer Ralph Vaughan Williams.

Makes you wonder where Michael inherited his cricket skills.

He'll handle it!

He's got Sheffield in his veins!!

Guest rosie

It looks like the captain spell has worked again.

They play well as normal team members and then when they are given the capatancy they transform into bundling teenagers that fumble about and get things wrong.

Why? is it so frightening for them as captain do England cricket board heap so much pressure on them.

They should just enjoy the game and not be frightened of their opposition.

They can win and win well with the team they have but they and especially the captain don`t beleive in themselves enough.

Oh dear.......wish I'd kept my mouth shut now! The next test will see him in a better light *cough*

Guest rosie

WELL DONE ENGLAND for winning the test today good job and we might have found a good Bowler at last.