Music Thread (with videos)

Guest sibon

I saw

and had a chat with Bill. A fantastic guitarist and a lovely fella.

They did a great

tribute too.

Sibon,

Two inspiring clips -thanks. His rendition of , "The Times They Are A Changing" is food for the soul.

I think you would like the music of , " Big Chief". They've been going a long time and I played trumpet a couple of times with the band. I worked with John Fry-the singer and tenor sax player. We were both allegedly teachers at Southgate College. The band's CDs are available. But sadly, I cannot find a Youtube clip of the band . Sometimes they would feature Art Theman on Tenor sax.

http://www.bigchief.org.uk/about.html.

Sibon,

Two inspiring clips -thanks. His rendition of , "The Times They Are A Changing" is food for the soul.

I think you would like the music of , " Big Chief". They've been going a long time and I played trumpet a couple of times with the band. I worked with John Fry-the singer and tenor sax player. We were both allegedly teachers at Southgate College. The band's CDs are available. But sadly, I cannot find a Youtube clip of the band . Sometimes they would feature Art Theman on Tenor sax.

http://www.bigchief.org.uk/about.html.

Big Chief's

, resplendent in blue and white-spotted shirt. (Jon Hiseman's dad taught me typography.)

Horribleblob.

Pete King and Art Theman take the Alto and Tenor sax to a level beyond description. Don Weller often featured at the Bulls Head in Barnes . I was at the gig in the link.

It's a pity that we cannot get these guys to do a concert in Sheffield. Hope you like it.

And here's Art Theman:

And Don Weller;

The great Pete King playing Charlie Parker:

Edited by petemcewan

Music by Gerald Finzi.

Sublime composition . His choral music is stunning

Horribleblob,

Quite upbeat embraceable sentiments. Cheers.

This thread needs

. :love:

And it needs more song and dance men.

"Troubles are just like lollipops. They're here; they're gone ".

Sheffield band High Hazels are currently sitting at Number one in the Amazing Radio (Gateshead/Newcastle based online/digital station playing new and emerging artists with their fantastic latest song 'Sequin Eyes'.

One of my favourite new songs in living memory.