Radio Two Sounds of the Sixties

He's got to be better than creepy Paul Gambo doing Pick Of The Pops.

Saturday is turning into gay presenter day,i have stopped tuning in.cant stand Norton or gambo the other week we even had dale winton,too much.

---------- Post added 12-01-2017 at 19:24 ----------

Haha! There was a 60s band – Arrow and the Archers – but he wasn't a member of that either.

Brian Matthew is very knowledgeable on the subject of the program. Let's hope he is able to return soon.

the show needs another presenter who was actually alive in the sixties and loved the music.

---------- Post added 12-01-2017 at 19:25 ----------

Haha! There was a 60s band – Arrow and the Archers – but he wasn't a member of that either.

Brian Matthew is very knowledgeable on the subject of the program. Let's hope he is able to return soon.

cant see him returning

Brian Matthew is dead? Is there a link to this, the link you provided is just about him not doing his Radio 2 show anymore.

EDIT - I just realise by the word "gone", you just mean he has gone from the show...

I tuned into Radio 2 at just after 8:00 this morning to listen to Sounds of the sixties, as I have been doing most Saturday mornings for the last 20 years. Instead, I found myself listening to the cheery tones of Dermot O' Leary, who informed me that Sounds of the sixties had been moved to the 'slightly earlier' slot of 6:00 to 8:00, but hey, if you can get up at 8:00, you can get up at 6:00, yeah? Actually Dermot, "No, not when I've been getting up at that time to get to work all week." I object in the strongest possible terms!

I tuned into Radio 2 at just after 8:00 this morning to listen to Sounds of the sixties, as I have been doing most Saturday mornings for the last 20 years. Instead, I found myself listening to the cheery tones of Dermot O' Leary, who informed me that Sounds of the sixties had been moved to the 'slightly earlier' slot of 6:00 to 8:00, but hey, if you can get up at 8:00, you can get up at 6:00, yeah? Actually Dermot, "No, not when I've been getting up at that time to get to work all week." I object in the strongest possible terms!
..........What's happened to Brian Matthews ?

...and 6 till 8 is way too early for Sat morning!!!!:mad:

Listening now on iplayer. Tony Blackburn doing show.

Edited by ALAN 58

some listeners to the tony Blackburn version of Brian's Saturday show are saying on Facebook they are going to all play the show, from iPlayer, at 8 pm starting this week just as if it is going out live.