Personal independent payment

Does anyone know if I lose my pip as its due for renewal very soon, what with the dwp and there dodgy atos workers. I'm on Esa do I lose that aswell & force me to sigh on in my wheel chair

Does anyone know if I lose my pip as its due for renewal very soon, what with the dwp and there dodgy atos workers. I'm on Esa do I lose that aswell & force me to sigh on in my wheel chair

The two benefits are separate. Take the form to Citizens Advice the questions are not what they seem also go to Work and Benefits site its helpful. I know its hard don't let it play on your mind remember don't let grid you down with it.

The two benefits are separate. Take the form to Citizens Advice the questions are not what they seem also go to Work and Benefits site its helpful. I know its hard don't let it play on your mind remember don't let grid you down with it.

Thank you crookedspire,

It's a few weeks late, but here's my advice:

If you have to have an assessment of any kind, find out what the professional qualifications of the interviewers are.

I had an assessment by a "medical professional" who turned out to be a physiotherapist, so he knew nothing about mental health issues, Aspergers, cardiac issues, nerve damage treatment or gastro problems, and yet my PIP claim was based on his "professional" opinions. (I appealed and won in the end.)

Do not assume the interviewer knows anything about your health issues, even if they say they do. Spell out your issues as clearly as you can.

Although PIP and ESA are supposedly separate benefits, as soon as I won my PIP appeal, I was "invited" in for another ESA assessment. This new assessment took less than 15 minutes and no changes were made to my ESA benefits. I'm sure the DWP will say the timing was a coincidence, but I don't believe that for a second.

Do as crookedspire advised - go and see Citizens Advice as soon as possible. They are absolutely fantastic and were instrumentl in me getting my benefits.

It's a few weeks late, but here's my advice:

If you have to have an assessment of any kind, find out what the professional qualifications of the interviewers are.

I had an assessment by a "medical professional" who turned out to be a physiotherapist, so he knew nothing about mental health issues, Aspergers, cardiac issues, nerve damage treatment or gastro problems, and yet my PIP claim was based on his "professional" opinions. (I appealed and won in the end.)

Do not assume the interviewer knows anything about your health issues, even if they say they do. Spell out your issues as clearly as you can.

Although PIP and ESA are supposedly separate benefits, as soon as I won my PIP appeal, I was "invited" in for another ESA assessment. This new assessment took less than 15 minutes and no changes were made to my ESA benefits. I'm sure the DWP will say the timing was a coincidence, but I don't believe that for a second.

Do as crookedspire advised - go and see Citizens Advice as soon as possible. They are absolutely fantastic and were instrumentl in me getting my benefits.

Thank you for your reply, which is helpful

I was on the spy that is digital forum yesterday and happened to see lots about this in the advice section,as well as lots of info on there there are links to face book help groups and all sorts.