Need a quick rant to destress

I need a quick rant before I go to bed.

I am fed up (would like to use a stronger word but won't) of hubbys family members copying what we do and buy. We buy a new car - they do. We buy a 3 storey house - they buy one. We have a particular colour sofa & living room decor - they have the same colour scheme. We buy a 6 seater dining table - they buy an 8 seater even though there is only 2 of them. They hated dishwashers but when we had 1 fitted in - they had 1 fitted in too. We have a toy dog - they get a toy dog. We say were going to buy another toy dog after xmas - they buy 1 now. This is just a few things, it's got to stage were I won't even talk to them about anything that we are going to do & I've told my hubby not to say anything to them either. In fact I'm not bothered if they don't come to our home again.

Does anyone else have this kind of thing happen to them or is it just me who have annoying family members :huh:

hint you're getting something you really hate and then laugh when they get 1 lol!

Get three hyaenas and dye them purple.

get a life?

I've got one thankyou, but someone else is trying to live it

I have a boat.

:hihi: I don't like the sea, but I could always tell hubbys family were getting one :hihi:

Truthfully? I wouldn't even bother to work up the energy to get annoyed about it.

Does it matter?

I've often been inspired by what someone else has and decided to get one the same or similar.

I once bought some beautiful lampshades. when my neighbour saw them she went and bought the exact same. Did it bother me? Not a jot. In fact I was quite chuffed that she liked my style so much tbh.

Truthfully? I wouldn't even bother to work up the energy to get annoyed about it.

Does it matter?

I've often been inspired by what someone else has and decided to get one the same or similar.

I once bought some beautiful lampshades. when my neighbour saw them she went and bought the exact same. Did it bother me? Not a jot. In fact I was quite chuffed that she liked my style so much tbh.

It didn't bother me at first, but its getting to the point where its everything, they asked me today what colour xmas tree I had & trimmings because they were going to buy theres, I just said I've not got one yet, I thought get your own ideas

get a life?

I've got one thankyou, but someone else is trying to live it

I don't think they are trying to live your life, I think they like what they see, and replicate it for themselves. If it wasn't for this kind of process, then we'd still be living in caves.

Personally, I quite like the hyena suggestion.