25% pay rise for turning up to work

It's a very simplistic article.

You'd be better looking at the terms and conditions applied to the 25% short term pay.

I have to say the RMT have done well for their members here though, but essentially LOROL have guaranteed an industrial action free Olympics.

LOROL's profits will be up way more than 25% over this period so seems a pretty sensible situation for both sides to me.

Sounds like a case of, give us more money or we may decide to go on strike during the Olympics.

No. Although, we have been told that we are not allowed to book annual leave during that time.

Wow, And people think the tube drivers are the lucky ones:hihi:

We're often told that the games will bring a large financial benefit to business in the area (debatable) so I can't see why ordinary working people can't reap some of these benefits as well...It seems its okay for the rich to get richer but the poor can't make a bit extra and if they do its viewed as wrong....:huh:

Sounds like a case of, give us more money or we may decide to go on strike during the Olympics.

It's also a case of "you're altering our working patterns which we can refuse, you're wanting us to do overtime which we can refuse, you want us to take no leave which we can refuse". LOROL want things to run smoothly and will be pocketing a fortune.

It's a bit of give and take.

C'mon, spread the wealth.

I reckon both sides think they've got a good deal.